IGNORED

Car hire?

samjjohn

Anyone rented a car in Pattaya? we're looking to maybe rent a car for 2 or 3 days but want to get a car with the insurance included so there won't be any case of getting ripped off.

Any recommendations?

I often get a car from the guy who rents them from Excite car park on 3rd Road and always found him to be honest and reliable and I generally pay 1,200 to 1,500 per day depending on the model. But last week I saw a sign in hair salon at the beginning of Pattaya Tai (near 2nd Road) and she was renting a nice Corolla for 900 baht a day.

All cars I have rented are insured, I don't think the owners would risk not insuring a car that cost them nearly a million baht and then letting crazy farangs drive it.

Cheers

Thanks I'll check these out.

I've had a look at Alamo and Avis who I thought should be OK but even with them you have to leave a deposit of several hundred baht for excess.

I don't really want to be in a situation where I have to pay anything if something goes wrong.

I can recommend this net based company, thats been in business since 1999:

http://www.fastcarhire.co.uk/thailand_car_hire.asp

They drop off and collect with no extra charges, have good cars and proper insurance.

Thanks for the link, just had a quick look and this is what I was looking for, budget have a zero excess.

Thanks

They say pattaya is 2 hours drive. But usually in a taxi it takes around 1 1/2 hours. There are two tolls on the way but most taxis cover this toll with the fare. Which u should be able to find for less than 1500 baht. I would recomend this way more than the bus. But its a short trip and well worth the ride.

Minneapolis Airport Taxi

They say pattaya is 2 hours drive. But usually in a taxi it takes around 1 1/2 hours. There are two tolls on the way but most taxis cover this toll with the fare. Which u should be able to find for less than 1500 baht. I would recomend this way more than the bus. But its a short trip and well worth the ride.

Minneapolis Airport Taxi

We're renting a car in Pattaya for a few days not from the airport.

Thanks