IGNORED

Midnight Buses

Stifler

My flight is "scheduled" to land at 11pm on a Tuesday night. I'd rather not toss 2000b out for a car...Are there going to be any bus options available at that hour? If so, how do I find em? Thanks!

Use a service such as MR T taxi's in Pattaya. They charge about 1000/1100 bht. Much better than pissing about on a bus at that time of night. You'd also get more of a night in Pattaya if you wanted to. And lets face it, why waste a night of your hols?

Only the bell bus service till 6pm then must catch a Taxi should only cost around 1000baht with one of the taxi services listed on this site. Type taxi into the search bar you will find some good tips

I just used Mr T last week. My flight was due in at 2230 but was 10 minutes early. Immigration was a breeze and the driver was at the front of the queue with my name in large letters on a sign. So it was out the door to the parkade and onto the highway. He drove pretty steadily at 140 occasionally up to 155 so we were at the door of the hotel by midnight. 1000฿ includes the tolls and parkade.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

there are in fact 3 special airport - pattaya bus services, of which bell is one, all of the 3 however finish running early evening. But there is another option maybe if you want to avoid taxi - Public Bus no. 389 (no schedule) from transporation centre at airport (free 10 min shuttle bus from front of arrivals) - got this from the threads / google, don't know if any BM's have used this and know the last departure time ?

just found a helpful site here: http://www.bangkoksite.com/pattaya/Airport-Pattaya.htm, doesn't look like the 389 will help you either - taxi or overnight it in bangkok are your only options..guess it depends how long you've got for your trip whether it's worse the hassle and time when taxi's are so easy..

Booked Mr. T last week to retrieve my wife at the airport at the midnight flight. All good, she was quite happy with it and he made good time to the hotel.

There was a funny quirk as I had given my phone number for contact as she does not have a Thai phone. At about the time off pickup, I got a couple phone calls from the obviously worried and a bit confused driver "I can talk with you, but I can't see you?? Where are you waiting?" ... "Nooooo! I am in Pattaya (in a very noisy bar no less), look for a woman ... a WOMAN with no phone!".

A few minutes later, phone rings again ... it's my wife on the driver's phone "all is good, but the driver was really worried about not finding you. LOL"

The poor guy deserved his tip! Will be calling Mr.T again to ship her back to the States Monday. Good people working there.