IGNORED

Ace Cafe - Report & Review

During my last trip I wanted to try out a few new places to eat because I was getting a bit bored of eating at the same places all the time. I thought it would be a good idea to share my findings here so that others can benefit also.

Ace cafe is situated on the big bend just before you get to Jomtien beach front not far from the Treppasit road junction. It's nice and easy to find and can be seen from the main road...

post-11269-125740930616_thumb.jpg

post-11269-125741068727_thumb.jpg

post-11269-12574094812_thumb.jpg

There were two members of staff on shift when we arrived who were both attentive and very polite... we were soon down to business and looking at the extensive menu. To be honest extensive is a bit of an understatement, they have everything from bangers and mash to fish and chips to cornish pasties! They also have a good selection of steaks and if you fancy something different you can also choose a chicken madras from there Indian menu.

The cafe itself is nice and open, there is no air con (due to the open nature of the venue) but there are ample fans to keep you cool. The owner is clearly very passionate about motorcycles as you will see from the pics...

post-11269-125741054738_thumb.jpg

post-11269-125741054919_thumb.jpg

post-11269-125741055087_thumb.jpg

My girl opted for some fried rice with chicken and a fried egg. I fancied a break from Thai food so I went for a typical English breakfast after being tempted by the "foot long" Cumberland sausage.

The food came out nice and fast and was piping hot which is a must for me...

post-11269-125741024713_thumb.jpg

post-11269-125741024829_thumb.jpg

The "foot long" sausage was just right and would have been happy to eat the same back in England.

All in all I appreciate that this may well be off the beaten track for some. However, if you live/stay in Jomtien or happen to be in the area I would say that Ace Cafe is definitely worth a visit.

looks like have plenty of empty seats I check it out ............GoldenSmile1.gif

I like eating at the Ace Cafe, its ashame the broken road puts people off the area, but its no real issue!

im sorry but i am not impressed . ok the sausage looks good but the eggs are overcooked , the beans have been to long in the microwave and havnt enough sauce or its been heated away and besides the the question who serves chips for breakfast , they also look dry ,

all in all , for it being thailand and if im right from the sign , only costing 79 baht ok ,its edible , but its not impressive ,

if someone served me crap like that as a breakfast in britain i would never enter the establishment again ,

saying that the thai food looks good , i would have swapped

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Alex

Didn't know yours was that long :)

It was great to meet you last month, and thanks for your help for the orphanage trip.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I've been visiting Pattaya for a few years now. And I'm always looking for new eating places to try. So the next time I'm in Pattaya I might just give Ace Cafe a try

That sausage looks tasty. Thanks for the nice map, that is a great touch to help us find the exact location.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

The place looks worth to check out next time I`m around.

The sausage seems to be delicious.

• 1 month later...

thanks for report and map it looks good , be in town in few weeks i will give it a try Thanks3.gif