Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thailand for 1 year +.........Return or One Way ticket

pablo

coming mid december using a multi entry type o visa....planning on staying the 12 months and maybe another 3 months by doing a visa run just before it expires

should i get a return and then pay to change the date of return (returns are only valid for i year with Emirates)....or just get a one way ticket.......and will i have a problem with immigration not having a return date ticket?

should i be looking for a ticket now or wait and see if i can pick up one very late as i could leave at 12 hours notice after the middle of december

any recommended sites for one way ticket

if i go for the one way ticket....what is the cost of a one way ticket back to UK bought in Thailand ( approx )

to buy a oneway from los to the uk i believe is very expensive.

dont know if its possible to buy a rtn and pay a bit extra to change rtn dates

i always book a 1 way ticket when i have a visa and staying 3-6 months..

unless you know exactly when your going home get a 1 way..

a flexible return ticket will prob cost as much as 2 cheap single tickets..

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

One way tickets cost almost the same as a return (in some cases more - never figured that one out), so it's better to have a return if you think you'll use it. Check the cost of some theoretical journeys in both directions on kayak.co.uk

You can change the date on an Emirates ticket for a fee - I got mine through ebookers and even with their fees + Emirates' fees it works out much cheaper to get a return and change the date than it would have been to buy 2 1-ways (unless I end up staying longer than 1 year, or returning from somewhere other than Bangkok, in which case I lose the difference between a single/return fare, which wasn't much).

Don't wait until the last minute to buy - that only works if you don't care where you're going and are happy to take whatever's free. Better to book 1 month+ ahead if possible.

Not having a return flight isn't a problem with a Non-Immigrant visa.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

I don't know if they have good flights to UK, but China Airlines does not charge to change the return flight.

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

Middle december? That is the top of the high season, you'd be lucky to get any decent priced tickets at all.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to have a return ticket as you will not be allowed on the plane, as it is illegal not to have a return ticket.

I've got a one way ticket from London to Bangkok this December and I will be traveling on a Non Imm O visa.

Do you think there's a good chance I'll have problems as it's a one way ticket? I've always had return tickets in the past.

You need to have a return ticket as you will not be allowed on the plane, as it is illegal not to have a return ticket.

Well thats all the travel agent and even the airlines themselves acting illigally then. As they ALL sell one way tickets

OP will be fine with a one way ticket, as he has a long stay visa. Might be more cost effective to get a return, with the proviso that the return date can be extended past 12 months.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I've got a one way ticket from London to Bangkok this December and I will be traveling on a Non Imm O visa.

Do you think there's a good chance I'll have problems as it's a one way ticket? I've always had return tickets in the past.

You shouldnt have any problems at Heathrow(?), but if the check in person starts acting all "jobsworth" on you, just tell them to look at the visa stamped in your passport, and ask to be dealt with by a supervisor.

But........you shouldnt have any problems.

Hedonist

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

You shouldnt have any problems at Heathrow(?), but if the check in person starts acting all "jobsworth" on you, just tell them to look at the visa stamped in your passport, and ask to be dealt with by a supervisor.

But........you shouldnt have any problems.

Hedonist

Hey thanks for the reply, you saved a moments mini panic about my one way ticket! Yeah the flights going from Heathrow but then stops in Muscat(!) where I have to change planes for the final journey on to Bangkok (all other tickets in December were insanely expensive!).

Do you think it's worth booking a cheap ticket on something like AirAsiaX for 90 days time? Or is that over kill?

Cheers! :)

coming mid december using a multi entry type o visa....planning on staying the 12 months and maybe another 3 months by doing a visa run just before it expires

should i get a return and then pay to change the date of return (returns are only valid for i year with Emirates)....or just get a one way ticket.......and will i have a problem with immigration not having a return date ticket?

should i be looking for a ticket now or wait and see if i can pick up one very late as i could leave at 12 hours notice after the middle of december

any recommended sites for one way ticket

if i go for the one way ticket....what is the cost of a one way ticket back to UK bought in Thailand ( approx )

emirates will charge you 75pounds 2 change ticket.when you get a return ticket you can change anytime

some will charge more or less.just phone your airline and ask how much they charge,they wil tell you over

the phone. mind i think thai customs will ask why you dont have return. i could be wrong but just go

on thai government website, and check out what rules they have for tourists staying longer.

thats all i do 2 find out rules.

Do you think it's worth booking a cheap ticket on something like AirAsiaX for 90 days time? Or is that over kill?

Cheers! :Surrender1:

If its to take a break from the "rigours" of Thailand, then sure....why not?

If its to give you some destination for any visa runs you might have to do, to stay within the terms of your visa, then sure.... why not?

If its only to placate some frosty faced split-arse, or jobsworth male at check-in that doesnt know his/her job properly, and is more interested in "doing a Jaquie Smith, or Harriet Harmen" on you then no.........i wouldnt do it. If the occasion DOES arise and he/she starts spouting some crap like airline regulations, or suchlike, then just be polite, but firm and ask to see someone in a higher position than they are. When you get to see a supervisor, point THEM in the direction of your Non Imm O visa stamp, and ask THEM what the problem is.

You will be doing fellow passengers a favour by doing so, too, as it educates the staff to the rules that they SHOULD have been trained to know in the first place.

That is.......a return ticket is NOT needed for passengers with the required visas (which yours IS)

Hedonist