IGNORED

STD Testing in Pattaya while you are there?

elche

Has anyone had STD tests while vacationing in Pattaya? If so, where and at what cost?

Has anyone had STD tests while vacationing in Pattaya? If so, where and at what cost?

Well a ...uhmm ..a friend of mine has had some good indications of std's(gonorrea and chlamydia) in Patts and he solved the equation by just walk in to the local pharmacy and purchase some good antibiotics for most of the cases and on one occation stop by the Pattaya health clinic for a shot from the very accomodating doctor in service.

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

i had a blood test for hiv whith a girl i was with at the time, only done it because id never had it done before they took are blood and about 10 minutes later they came back ok, then got one done in england about 3 months after and it took 2 weeks for the results. it has left me confused to this day lol

i had a blood test for hiv whith a girl i was with at the time, only done it because id never had it done before they took are blood and about 10 minutes later they came back ok, then got one done in england about 3 months after and it took 2 weeks for the results. it has left me confused to this day lol

Might be more policy than science. Here in the US I went to a county clinic that provided HIV testing, and the doctor explained that if I provided personal information they could give results in 30 minutes processing the blood on site, and if I wanted to be completely anonymous they had to send the sample to a separate lab which would take about 2 weeks to get the results back.

Instant tests are considered less reliable, with a higher chance for a false positive. The other tests require much more setup, and take much longer to show results but are considered more reliable, plus they can give you anonymity.

Keep in mind it can take up to 6 months to show positive, so bag up every time or go out and invent a cure/vaccine.

I had a HIV test with 15 minute wait at Top Clinic for a little peace of mind. Dont know the road its on but Top clinic is heading out of town toward Jomtien from second road. Cost: 500bt.

The only reliable test is at one of the International Hospital. It will require the taking of blood, usually from a vein in the arm and an hours wait. It is a standard requirement in all Thai International Hospitals, to take sufficient blood to ensure a second full test if the first registers as "Positive". If you have gone with someone, and on returning get told the lab is busy and it will be another 40 minutes an hour it will mean they are running the second test.

this is a damn shame. all that fucking going on in pattaya and there's not a lot of reliable testing site for both Thai girls and tourists?

• 2 weeks later...

When i returned home after a trip in October i went to my local STD clinic. They told me to come back in January for hiv blood tests as it was pointless doing them before.

there is a std testing place on 2nd road. Just up from pattaya walk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i allways carry cipromax,it clears up any std and also good if you have the shits to .

Thanks for this tip! Never know when it could come handy.