IGNORED

Koh Mak

stevxpl

Just got back from a coupe of weeks on Koh Mak, and even though I have travelled to Krabi, Samui, the Similans etc... I have to say it has some of the best views I have seen in Thailand. Stayed atthe Koh Mak CocoCape Resort, nice hotel ,great rooms and staff but not much of a menu and could really do with drinks service away from the bar and restaurant - they have a pier there which you can sit out on during sunset with your love of your life or lust of the moment with and watch the sun go down but having to get up every hour to get more drinks sucked.

1.jpg

Koh Mak is definitely not a place to go whoring but more of a get way from life or take the family place, by the looks of it it is more set up for Thai holiday makers and back packers but the hotels have good facilities - kin of like Samui 15 - 20 years ago but with good hotels. You will need to take cash there as there are not ATMs but the larger hotels do have credit card facilities though.

I will defiantly be going back but will try the Koh Mak Resort next time as it has nice beach and what look like really nice bungalows.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

i dont like koh mak, to many mosquitos.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I stayed on Koh kood, the next island along. Beautiful, some of the most pleasant and quiet views Ive experienced in LOS. Not for people who need bars and 7elevens everyday though. Very basic.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....