IGNORED

Now that I have my non immigrant 'O' visa

Me2995

Got lucky and managed to get a 1 yr non immigrant 'O' visa. So now I have this stamp in my passport, but I don't know if I should walk to the immigration at the airport with only this stamp, or do I still need to fill out the arrival form you get in the plane? Thanks for the advice.

You still need to fill out the form you receive on the plane. Immigration stamp your passport / visa and staple part of the form to your passport. This is only removed when you depart Thailand.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I have the Non-Immigration O Visa as well. And you sure need to fill out the form that you get on the plane. But to have the Visa-stamp

in your passport doesn't mean that you are now carefree for a year because if you plan to stay longer than 90 days in Thailand....

welcome to the club of guys that are doing their visa-runs regularly. See you at the Cambodian border :D...

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

im going to be applying for my non o visa next month-is it still best to get it from hull and what reason do you put for purpose of visit-thanks

I have the Non-Immigration O Visa as well. And you sure need to fill out the form that you get on the plane. But to have the Visa-stamp

in your passport doesn't mean that you are now carefree for a year because if you plan to stay longer than 90 days in Thailand....

welcome to the club of guys that are doing their visa-runs regularly. See you at the Cambodian border :D...

Good point, I thought I only had to get a stamp at the immigration office every 89 days? So with your non imm O, you get a new 90 day stamp at the Cambodian border? I thought they only gave 15 days, but that's maybe in case of visa exemption?

Damned, so much to learn about all these things. :D

im going to be applying for my non o visa next month-is it still best to get it from hull and what reason do you put for purpose of visit-thanks

I think the best purpose for the visit is to write that you are on holiday. That way you don't need an address from a 'friend'. The Thai embassy

will accept 'holiday' as a good reason to visit Thailand.

My visa is on a special arrangement you can get at work here in Belgium. They told me however, for future purposes, if I could show them I had sufficient funds, I could apply for another 1 yr non immigrant 'O', though I'm not even close to 50 yet.

ive got an adress i can give in thailand-i am just finishing having my home built in khon kaen.obvioously my wife will be living there too so could i just put visiting friends as reason for travel

ive got an adress i can give in thailand-i am just finishing having my home built in khon kaen.obvioously my wife will be living there too so could i just put visiting friends as reason for travel

They just mentioned 'others' on my application form, didn't ask anymore questions. I explained them it was just an extended holiday.

Good point, I thought I only had to get a stamp at the immigration office every 89 days? So with your non imm O, you get a new 90 day stamp at the Cambodian border? I thought they only gave 15 days, but that's maybe in case of visa exemption?

Damned, so much to learn about all these things. :D

Well, it's pretty easy. After you step out of the plane in BKK and come to the Immigration you get a stamp in you passport that allows you to stay

for 90 days in Thailand. But make sure that the officer at the immigration sees that you have the non-immigration O-Visa. Important!

When the 3 month are almost over you just go to any travel agency here in Pattaya (or where ever you want to stay) and tell them you

have the non-immigration O-Visa and need to do a Visa-run. The fastest way to do it from Pattaya is to go to Cambodia. It takes about

6 hrs. to the border and be back in Patts. That will cost you around 2000 - 2500 baht depending where you book your travel.

The staff from the agency picks you up with a mini-bus and takes care of everything. You just need to bring the passport, a copy of the passport

and 2 photos. Thats all.

I enter the date of my next visa-run allways in the calender of my phone so I can't forget the date. About one week before the date I go to the

travel agency in my soi because than I can still choose the date I wish to go to the Cambodian border. Everything pretty easy.

About the visa exemption you're right. They give only 15 days. But thats not the case when you have the non-immigration O-Visa.

If you still have questions about it - please feel free to ask.

Thanks KhunSingha, much appreciated! I'll let you know for sure if any more questions come up. But with this clear how-to I'll come a lot further already I guess. :D

Cambodia Travel (near to Sweethearts Bar) on Soi Buakhao are around 1800 baht from memory.

Hull will accept with 'tourism' as the reason for the extended visa and accept self-certification of adequacy of funds.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

My visa is on a special arrangement you can get at work here in Belgium. They told me however, for future purposes, if I could show them I had sufficient funds, I could apply for another 1 yr non immigrant 'O', though I'm not even close to 50 yet.

There are no age requirement for a type O visa. It is the retirement vias (O-A) that you have to be 50 or more to get. The requirements for the type O visa vary between countries and between offices in the same country. I am now on my third one and have never been asked to provide evidence for income or funds.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Well, it's pretty easy. After you step out of the plane in BKK and come to the Immigration you get a stamp in you passport that allows you to stay

for 90 days in Thailand. But make sure that the officer at the immigration sees that you have the non-immigration O-Visa. Important!

When the 3 month are almost over you just go to any travel agency here in Pattaya (or where ever you want to stay) and tell them you

have the non-immigration O-Visa and need to do a Visa-run. The fastest way to do it from Pattaya is to go to Cambodia. It takes about

6 hrs. to the border and be back in Patts. That will cost you around 2000 - 2500 baht depending where you book your travel.

The staff from the agency picks you up with a mini-bus and takes care of everything. You just need to bring the passport, a copy of the passport

and 2 photos. Thats all.

I enter the date of my next visa-run allways in the calender of my phone so I can't forget the date. About one week before the date I go to the

travel agency in my soi because than I can still choose the date I wish to go to the Cambodian border. Everything pretty easy.

About the visa exemption you're right. They give only 15 days. But thats not the case when you have the non-immigration O-Visa.

If you still have questions about it - please feel free to ask.

hi, i am just wondering is there a set age to get non o visa

i ill be living there next year, that is my plan, love it there.thanks.

after 12 mths when its time to renew visa can u do it there in patts or jontien or do u have to travel back to oz.

cheers.

Edited by hillsy

There are no age requirement for a type O visa. It is the retirement vias (O-A) that you have to be 50 or more to get. The requirements for the type O visa vary between countries and between offices in the same country. I am now on my third one and have never been asked to provide evidence for income or funds.

hi, i am just wondering is there a set age to get non o visa

after 12 mths when its time to renew visa can u do it there in patts or jontien or do u have to travel back to oz.

cheers.

As far as I know there's a possibility to renew the Imm O Visa at the embassy of your country in BKK. But to be honest I'm not sure about

that because I travel 1 or 2 times each year back to my home country and at those occasions I renew it at the Thai embassy in my hometown.

I would recommend to google the webpage of the embassy of OZ in BKK. The staff there can answer your question better than I could to.

Sorry.

As far as I know there's a possibility to renew the Imm O Visa at the embassy of your country in BKK. But to be honest I'm not sure about

that because I travel 1 or 2 times each year back to my home country and at those occasions I renew it at the Thai embassy in my hometown.

I would recommend to google the webpage of the embassy of OZ in BKK. The staff there can answer your question better than I could to.

Sorry.

thanks

cheers.

I have seen nothing indicating that it is possible to get a new non-imm O visa in Thailand or any of the countries nearby. You will have to travel back to Australia to get another one. If you are from Perth or Brisbane you are in luck as they are both easy to get one from. They are issuing them the same day as you apply in Perth now and I have heard the same about Brisbane.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....