IGNORED

Stay Thailand 31 Days

Hampi

Hello,

I want know what you think. I have to stay 31 days in Thailand for my next trip... i not checked the days when i booked the flights.

Now my Question is. Should i do an overstay of 1 Day which normaly not even cost something, but still can be bad

or Should i do a short trip to cambodia.. which was not my intend.

Edited by Hampi

Why not get a 60 day tourist visa? Need to do it ahead of time, but it does not seem too much hassle. Seems a lot less hassle than a visa run especially since i have heard rumors from many places of crackdowns on that practice.

It's my plan for my upcoming >30 day trip

Edited by furryman

go to the immigration office in Jomtiem, heard they give up to 7 days more on visa extension instead of doing a visa run.

1 day overstay is essentially free, provided you don't get arrested on your last day for something stupid. You may get a stamp in your passport, but it doesn't seem to hurt (and for 1 day probably won't happen).

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

OK, the option by going to Immigration office i not thought of.. if this is true with the 7 days, i guess it is the best way...

And with a 60 days Tourist visa i can't use, because in 3 days i am flying to thailand.. Too short for asking a visa...

but this few answers already helped me... I will try to check if this is really possible. Thanks

A one day overstay will probably be fine... they can charge you 500 baht and stamp your passport, but they probably won't ...I had a 5 day overstay and paid at the airport and they gave me one day grace period.....allow a few extra minutes and have the cash ready if they ask...or pay a lot more for a 7 day extension.....many tourists overstay a little and so far it hasn't been a problem unless somehow you get arrested or your passport requested during your overstay time....

• 7 months later...

What they did, i became a stamp in my passport with te note overstay 1 day.

But i don't care, because i have a new one now.. Old one was full

Immigration office in Jomtien, 1900 for extension, I over stayed one day once for medical reasons. The lady that handles the paperwork said for one day it's not worth it. Last year I booked for 32 days. But went to s ville Cambodia for week. So didn't matter, but for one day I wouldn't worry. I've been told that the Immigration office is a long wait in a crowded building with no AC, probably not the way you would want to spend one of your last days.