IGNORED

Transporting sports gear in Thailand

BigBangkokTheory

I am trying to decide whether to bring my own scuba gear for a Similans diving trip. It won't cost me anything to bring it over from America, but I don't want to lug it around from place to place!

So I could:

(1) Store it at BKK airport for a fee;

(2) Store it at a BKK hotel that I would check in and out of (hopefully they would not charge me to store it); or

(3) Ship it from BKK to the dive shop in Khao Lak.

Any advice? re: number (3), can anyone recommend a shipping service?

Thanks!

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

I am trying to decide whether to bring my own scuba gear for a Similans diving trip. It won't cost me anything to bring it over from America, but I don't want to lug it around from place to place!

So I could:

(1) Store it at BKK airport for a fee;

(2) Store it at a BKK hotel that I would check in and out of (hopefully they would not charge me to store it); or

(3) Ship it from BKK to the dive shop in Khao Lak.

Any advice? re: number (3), can anyone recommend a shipping service?

Thanks!

I wound up taking my own gear in a non-descript hard sided luggage case (no dive gear markings etc). I arrived in Bangkok, stayed at the Nana hotel for a few days then left my gear with the Hotel's "left luggage" department. Spent a week in Cambodia (Siem Reap(Angkor Wat)/Phnom Pehn). Flew back to Bangkok, Picked up my bag at the hotel and then flew down to Phuket for a Similans Dive Trip.

Pretty much any reasonable hotel will store luggage for you. The Airport will charge 100 Baht per day. Another option is the self storage place on Sukhumvit in Bangkok which is about 100 Baht for the month per piece of Luggage, you supply your own lock for the locker provided.

Cheers...

Giggity...

Darth-Slinky..