IGNORED

Goose's fish & chips - 2nd Rd between soi 7 & 8

Jaidee Mike

If you like fish & chips, check out Goose's on snd Road between Soi 7 and Soi 8 (closer to soi 7), just opposite the Isuzu dealer. The menu offers several varieties of fish, and also has traditional British foods. I have been twice, and both times have ordered the "local" fish & chips special for 199 THB. The order includes a huge piece of lightly battered fish, a generous portion of fries, and a side of baked beans or mushy peas.

I went there with a British friend of mine who said it is the "best fish & chips he has had since coming to Thailand" (over 7 years ago). He also pointed out that the tiles, mirrors and other features were carefully selected to replicate the decor or "traditional" fish & chips restaurants in England (I'm not from there).

Anyway, I recommend you check it out.

Thanks for the info. Never noticed the place before, though I'm in the area often. I'm a fish & chip addict, so I'll give it a try.

Will try it out. I always make it a point of have F 'n C for a meal or two on every trip... I hope they have Guiness too...

• 2 weeks later...

I have to recommend this place, had a great F n C meal there one friday evening for 185baht.

Received a nice, very fresh big thick fillet of local fish, possibly farmed catfish or Bassa (as called in Aust) covered in thin crispy batter, served with potato mash or chunks, peas plus bread and salad, great meal for around $6 Aust.

Thoroughly enjoyed it

My favourite bar does a great fish and chips.

I might give Goose's a try and see how there fish and chips compares to my favourite bar

99Baht in Neeroys and well worth it, Thats two for 198Baht :BJ3:

So would I be correct in thinking that you'd get 3 lots for 297Baht :LOL:

If you like fish & chips, check out Goose's on snd Road between Soi 7 and Soi 8 (closer to soi 7), just opposite the Isuzu dealer. The menu offers several varieties of fish, and also has traditional British foods. I have been twice, and both times have ordered the "local" fish & chips special for 199 THB. The order includes a huge piece of lightly battered fish, a generous portion of fries, and a side of baked beans or mushy peas.

I went there with a British friend of mine who said it is the "best fish & chips he has had since coming to Thailand" (over 7 years ago). He also pointed out that the tiles, mirrors and other features were carefully selected to replicate the decor or "traditional" fish & chips restaurants in England (I'm not from there).

Anyway, I recommend you check it out.

Cheers Mike, I still have to try it (forgot). Got the urge for fish & chips the other day & went to my favorite at Butchers Arms. I won't comment till I try it. On my to do list.