IGNORED

Anybody go get 60 dayTourist Visa on run?

Ryan

A few days ago I guess they really started clamping down on the tourist Visa's in the neighboring countries of Thailand. Has anybody tried to make a runs in the past couple days? I've always gone to Vientiene, Laos to get my tourist visa and it's usually easy as pie. I'm here in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and I applied today (Thai Embassy is holding my passport). They asked a million questions and I had to write what my plans to do in Thailand on a separate blank paper they gave to me. After I was finished I asked if I could get my tourist visa for sure and she said 50/50. Now she has me worried as I would only be able to come to Thailand for the new 2 week border crossing visa when I planned to be there at least 3 more months.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

According to the ChiangMai Mail:

A further crackdown on 60-day tourist visas by Immigration authorities has been announced through Thai Embassies and Consulates in neighbouring countries and will be effective immediately. Applicants will be subject to increased screening and may have their re-entry visa refused.

The announcement reads as follows: ‘As there have been a number of visa applicants entering Thailand who have misused tourist visas to illegally seek employment during their stay and, upon expiry, sought to re-apply for tourist visas at Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates in neighboring countries, requests for visa renewal by such applicants are subject to rejection as their applications are not based on tourism but on continuing their illegal employment. This is in accordance with the Immigration Act, B.B. 2552 which stipulates that visa applicants are required to clearly express their purpose in visiting Thailand. Should it be found that any applicant’s intention is being concealed, the application will be rejected. Please be informed that the intention of applicants in recent years to repeatedly depart and re-enter Thailand by the use of renewable 60-day tourist visas issued by Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates in neighbouring countries will be considered as a concealment of the applicant’s real purpose in visiting Thailand. As a result, their visa applications will be rejected’.

The notice continues with the advice that foreigners living in Thailand should obtain a Non-Immigrant visa, which can be extended up to one year by the Thai Immigration Bureau.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I can't help wondering if using a visa agency may be a better bet at the moment. I know that you would pay more, but if they can more or less guarantee a visa it would worth the extra.

Be scene and not herd.

Why do they always assume that your working when I'm a self funded semi retire @ 48 years old.

There is no way i'm working for Thai wages.

Why do they always assume that your working when I'm a self funded semi retire @ 48 years old.

There is no way i'm working for Thai wages.

The problem is that many people have been abusing the tourist visa system. A tourist visa is not for staying long term in a country like many have been in Thailand. No one would get away with this in our countries. The best option is to get a visa before you leave home that will allow you to stay in Thailand for the period that you want to.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The problem is that many people have been abusing the tourist visa system. A tourist visa is not for staying long term in a country like many have been in Thailand. No one would get away with this in our countries. The best option is to get a visa before you leave home that will allow you to stay in Thailand for the period that you want to.

Thats the best way to do, I always send for a 60 day tourist visa at there DC embassey here in the USA before i leave i always get it with in 4 days, Yes they ask for a copy of recent bank statement and copy of flight confirmation but the turn around is great, then once i hit Pattaya i head to the jothien office to get 30 more days added to my 60 days( i do not have to wait until my 60 days to expire before they give me my additional 30 day extentsion)for 1900 b.. I have done this 5 times now over a 1 year period and was never turn down its probably becuase i done it here in the USA and provided a copy of my bank stmt showing i have income. "side note the 60 day visa is still free here in the USa so you just paying for shipping"

Just submitted passport and form this morning at the Los Angeles office, no bank statement or copy of flight confirmation needed or asked for. I can pick up 60 day tourist visa tomorrow. And yes it's still free, even with one reentry. I couldn't believe how fast it was. Took about 5 minutes.

There are services that actually charge you for doing this.

Edited by KhunK