Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa issue for connecting flight

Ethan-ate

My TG recently came to the UK en-route to the USA ,she has decided to extend her stay in the USA until Jan 30th however her UK Visa expired whe she left here last in August ,as a consequence I had to move her NYC -LDN flight back to Jan so she could get her LDN-BKK flight home ,however the flights were not booked on the same iteniary etc so luggage will not be moved ahead and there is atleast a 10hr wait in the airport however she will no longer haVE a visa and the girl I spoke to at STA travel thought this could cause a prob? surely if she shows proof of onward journey she's fine? however I do understand she'l have to change terminal etc &could do a runner[obviously she wont]

This sucks because when she returned to the UK last time with only 2weeks of her visa left to run she was hassled by UK customs for 3hrs before they would release her ,abit much for a harmless little Thai uni girl me thinks.

If her luggage is checked through to the connecting flight she can use dedicated transfer buses within the passenger-only areas to switch terminals .. no need to go through customs and enter the uk I wouldnt have thought (STA travel should know this) ..

http://www.heathrowairport.com/portal/page/Heathrow%5EGeneral%5EAirport+information%5ETravel+between+terminals/aedd3db5569a9110VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

.. sorry just noticed bags arent checked through .. so yeh that sucks, gives customs a tasty opportunity to make someones life a misery ..

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I doubt whether anyone on this forum can do any more than express an opinion on what might happen. I would suggest you ring UK immigration, explain the circumstances and ask their advice.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I doubt they will even let her on the plane to London without a visa for the UK, she should get another ticket from NY to BKK

Edited by mike_asia

Anyone know the number for UK immigration?

Regardless of what immigration says on the phone there is a 90% chance she won't be allowed on the flight from the USA. As you said her ticket is from the USA to London and when she goes to the counter in the USA to check in they will see that she does not have a visa for the UK. If she is refused entry in the UK it is the responsibility of the airline to get her out since they let her board, they won't take the risk. So there is only a small chance she will even get on the first flight.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/contactspage/peos/

It may not be good news but it's still worth a phone call.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

If you are in transit you should not require another visa however some airports you do so check with the airline and airport.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059