IGNORED

Sydney to Bangkok - Cheap as chips

gazman100

Hi all,

Thai airways has one way flights from Sydney to Bangkok for $480.00 AUD

Return flights from Sydney to Bangkok $836.82 AUD

These are direct flights with no stop over’s.

Cheers

I saw one the other day for $300. Flights are pretty empty at the moment.

What period is that for Gaz?

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I saw one the other day for $300. Flights are pretty empty at the moment.

What period is that for Gaz?

Hi Bitch Controlier,

Not sure about how long they were avalible for however those prices are inclusive.

Cheers

i looked at flying over in Dec and they are a lot higher then that.....

cheap travel october and november but to travel december/ january twice the price and some more.

I booked for Dec/Jan yesterday.. ceapest I could find was Approx $1750.00 incl tax. Return and both flights direct.

This was with Thai Airways, I only like to fly with them as looking at the Thai hostesses gets me in the mood for my trip.

Qantas had one on lastminute.com for my timer period at $1600 but 20 stopover in Singapore.

I took a look at the site. Thai Air always have some "super deals" but your looking at fares which are within a day or so, or max 1 week, to get the real discount. So they are, in essence, last minute fares.

For Xmas, we actually booked a direct flight to Phuket for $500 AUD with Virgin Australia. Add a 1500 baht flight to U Tapou after a couple of nights in Phuket and its still alot cheaper than anyone else. You could get return with Virgin for almost 1200 AUD at peak period. Awesome rates.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I know its a hassle with stop-overs and stuff, but have you guys looked at cheap flights to Melb (or GC) and then Air Asia.

Return to Bkk for $220 is pretty common if you book far enough ahead. And Air Asia isn't that bad. I'm sure you can put the savings to good use. :CatDance1:

Just a though.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I know its a hassle with stop-overs and stuff, but have you guys looked at cheap flights to Melb (or GC) and then Air Asia.

Return to Bkk for $220 is pretty common if you book far enough ahead. And Air Asia isn't that bad. I'm sure you can put the savings to good use. :GiveBeer1:

Just a though.

Cheers.

I've just booked SYD-GC-KL-BKK return for $424 tax included. Lots of mucking around with connections but that is outrageously cheap.

Edited by Schillaci

I've just booked SYD-GC-KL-BKK return for $424 tax included. Lots of mucking around with connections but that is outrageously cheap.

Nice one mate. Air Asia has been a godsend for me.

Just found an awesome deal from one of my RSS feeds. I don't know if I'm allowed to create a new thread because it would sound like spruiking:

Perth - Pattaya from $800 return including 3 nights accommodation and flying Malaysia Airlines:

http://www.bestflights.com.au/package-holidays/details/pattaya/pattaya-malaysia-airlines/101973

Prices are per person and based on 2 adults sharing a room.

Valid for departures from now-30th November 2009 and 06th January-30th June 2010.

Hurry - Sale ends 05th of November 2009!

3 nights at the Nova Platinum for $900 sounds good, 7 nights for at the Hard Rock and flights for $1329 even better.

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

Just found an awesome deal from one of my RSS feeds. I don't know if I'm allowed to create a new thread because it would sound like spruiking:

Perth - Pattaya from $800 return including 3 nights accommodation and flying Malaysia Airlines:

http://www.bestflights.com.au/package-holidays/details/pattaya/pattaya-malaysia-airlines/101973

Prices are per person and based on 2 adults sharing a room.

Valid for departures from now-30th November 2009 and 06th January-30th June 2010.

Hurry - Sale ends 05th of November 2009!

3 nights at the Nova Platinum for $900 sounds good, 7 nights for at the Hard Rock and flights for $1329 even better.

http://www.holidayplanet.com.au/holidaydeal/PATDUSIT

7 nights at the dusit for $1226 flying Thai , is pretty good also.

I booked for Dec/Jan yesterday.. ceapest I could find was Approx $1750.00 incl tax. Return and both flights direct.

This was with Thai Airways, I only like to fly with them as looking at the Thai hostesses gets me in the mood for my trip.

Qantas had one on lastminute.com for my timer period at $1600 but 20 stopover in Singapore.

Ouch , Sorry to tell u mate I booked about 3 months ago with Thai as well , MID JAN Syd to Phuket via Bangkok Then Phuket to Sydney Via Bangkok st the end of Jan (with 5 days in bangkok)

for $1250.. for the flight (I also wanted to fly Thai)

I remember at the time the prices were changing on a daily basis and heading UP so when my travel agent got the ok for this flight whivh I had ear marked I jumped at it.

I was advised to book early for flights but late for accomidation. Seems to be right thus far

Edited by Sam Beckett

yeah January to December is always expensive being peak season.

I find march to be the cheapest month. Have gone 3 times during this month and have never paid more than $860

I am flying from Melbourne on the 18th of December, returning 21st Jan, with Thai Airlines and it has cost me $1550 AUD.

I could have flown Air Asia for a fair bit less but couldn't be bothered buggerising around with connecting flights.

I booked about a week ago through travel.com.au.

Quantas is a joke. And, if you come from Melbourne, you have to go through bloody Sydney and its overcrowded immigration and customs areas.

Edited by Roo Ted