IGNORED

Phitsanulok Province

Braveheart

Phitsanulok (Thai พิษณุโลก) is one of the provinces (changwat) of Thailand, located in the North of Thailand. In the north-east it has a short border with Xaignabouli of Laos.

Phitsanulok is also sometimes called Song Kwae, city of the two rivers. The Nan and the Kwe Noi rivers meet near the city. Three national parks are located in the province: Thung Salaeng Luang at the border to the Phetchabun province, Phu Hin Rong Kla at the border to the Loei province, and Namtok Chat Trakan, with a waterfall as the source of the Kew Noi river.

King Borommatrailokanat (1448-1488) moved the capital of the Ayutthaya kingdom to Phitsanulok in 1463 to strengthen the northern boundary of the kingdom. His successor Boromma Ratchathirat III moved it back after his death in 1488.

In 1555 King Naresuan the Great was born in the city.

The seal of the province shows Pra Buddha Chinnarat, which is considered one of the most beautiful Buddha images of Thailand. It is located in the Wat Mahathat temple in the city Phitsanulok.

The provincial symbol flower is the Yellow Flamboyant (Peltophorum pterocarpum), provincial tree is Millingtonia hortensis.

The province is subdivided in 9 districts (Amphoe). These are further subdivided into 93 communes (tambon) and 993 villages (muban).

Extracted from Wikipedia: Phitsanulok Province

extracted from http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7153/pitslok.htm

Located between the Northern and Central Regions of Thailand, Phitsanulok has two important rivers, Nan and Yom. Many cultural and traditional activities of the people in the province has direct influence from the lifestyle that has always been associated with water.

Phitsanulok is 377 kms. by road from Bangkok. It is one of the most interesting provinces in the North, serving as a center for commerce, transportation and communication. It is situated on the geographical and administrational line that devides the Central region from the Northern region.

Phitsanulok is the birthplace of King Naresuan the Great and his equally brave and able brother, Prince Ekatosarot. As the cross-road between the Northern and Central regions of the country, Phitsanulok has long been an important center both for political and strategical reason. It was a recruiting place when Ayutthaya had war with Myanmar. Pattaya. It was a training ground for many kings of Ayutthaya And it was a capital of Thailand for 25 years during the reign of King Boromtrailokkanat of Ayutthaya.

The climate of Phitsanulok is generally hot and humid. It borders with Uttaradit in the North, Pichit in the South, Loei and Phetchabun in the East, Kamphaeng Phet and Sukhothai in the West. Covering an area of 10,815.8 square kilometers, the province is divided into 9 Amphoes: Muang, Bang Krathum, Bang Rakam, Chat Trakan, Nakhon Thai, Noen Maprang, Phrom Phiram, Wang Thong and Wat Bot.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...p;search=Search

Videos related to Phitsanulok province. Thailand

Phitsanulok

Phitsanulok rickshaw ride

Driving to the temple

Wat Yai

Amarin Lagoon hotel

"waste" Horseshoe Road performs at Naresuan University in Phitsanulok, Thailand. They call there musical style "Heartland Acoustic".

I stayed here for a few days 6 years ago, thoroughly enjoyed it :Crappy:

• 7 months later...

My wife and I have just purchased some land in Phitsanulok, looking to build sometime next year, any information that is available about living in the area, builders in fact anything would be appreciated.

• 3 years later...

My wife and I have just purchased some land in Phitsanulok, looking to build sometime next year, any information that is available about living in the area, builders in fact anything would be appreciated.

hi ya my wife lives in phitsanulok, in bang clang district, on road to Namtok Chat Trakan, which is a great waterfall very beautifull, but you must be fit ,, its a long old walk,,lol, ps what is the price of a house out there now last time i seriously looked,, land was about 80,000 a rai on good land, flat with access,, good luck sir

georgina 015.JPG

Vistited P-lok a lot during the late 80 and early 90s, a very beautiful province!

Here are some of my pictures taken in Phitsanulok Province.

Plahgat

House boats

Untitled-Scanned-33.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-97.jpg

Phra Buttha Chinnarat in Wat Yai

chinnarat_buddha.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-35.jpg

Thung Salaeng Luong N.P.

Untitled-Scanned-99.jpg

Kaeng Sopha Waterfall

Untitled-Scanned-91.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-31.jpg

Phu Hin Rongkla N.P.

Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg

• Like 1

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 10 months later...

Can someone tell me if you can get a plane to this area or nearby?

Can someone tell me if you can get a plane to this area or nearby?

Nok Air fly from Don Muang irport in BKK (when not under water) to Pisanulok daily

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

Nok Air fly from Don Muang irport in BKK (when not under water) to Pisanulok daily

Thanks Mav, I did some research after I posted this and yeah your right.

Cost is 2580 baht return, beats the 5 hr trip by bus( 300 baht )