IGNORED

How much cash can i bring into Thailand ?

properperson

Hi everyone,

i was just wondering is there any limit to the amount of cash i am legally allowed to bring in ?

Also, who in everyone's opinion is the best internet provider in Pattaya and what speed / reliability can i expect ? - do hotels / bars have wirless internet facilities like in the uk...

Thanks in advance....

tommy.

There are no rules as to how much currency you bring in.

You can also take out unlimited foreign currency but I think you are limited on the amount of Baht you take out, up to 500,000 baht

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

According to my normal source of information:

Royal Thai Consulate

Priory Court Saxon Way Priory Park West Hessle Hull HU13 9PB

Tel: +44 (0)1482 581668 Fax: +44 (0)1482 628877

Email: [email protected] Website: www.thaiconsul.co.uk

TAKING MONEY FROM THE UK TO THAILAND

From the UK:

To combat money laundering there are rules applying to the movement of money out of and in to the European Union (EU). Accordingly, anyone wishing to transfer 10,000 (ten thousand) Euros or more (or equivalent amount in other currencies) in any form (cash, cheque, bank draft, travellers cheques, etc) from the UK to Thailand may be asked by the UK authorities to explain where the money has come from.

Any person who is boarding a ship or aircraft which is to take them outside the EU and is taking with them 10,000 (ten thousand) Euros or more in cash (or equivalent amount in other currencies) should complete a Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Form C 9011 which can be downloaded from the internet by clicking on the link below.

http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/forms/viewform.jsp?formId=216

To Thailand:

Any person wishing to bring in to or take out of Thailand any amount of foreign currency

exceeding 20,000 (twenty thousand) US Dollars in cash (or equivalent amount in other

currencies) must declare such amount of foreign currency to Thai Customs on entering and exiting the Kingdom. Failure to declare or to make a false declaration is a criminal offence.

Any person wishing to take Baht 50,000 or more in cash out of Thailand must be declare it

to Thai Customs on exiting the Kingdom. This does not apply to persons who are travelling direct to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar and Vietnam who are allowed to take out of the Kingdom Thai currency not exceeding 500,000 Baht.

Cj 01/Jan/2009

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Sorry, I should have mentioned that you can bring in unlimited amounts BUT you are supposed to declare any amounts over $20,000

Thai exchange Control Regulations

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Take all you have and I will meet you at the Airport and assist you in getting it through immigration, and to help you even more, I will ensure it is circulated accordingly amongst bars and go-gos in equal amounts as to keep it from the relevant possible confiscations. No need to thank me, my pleasure mate.

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

thanks for the answers about the cash - what about the internet ???

Plenty of Internet cafes, most hotels have wi-fi, some free and some not. I have never had a very fast conection, but hey, who's in a rush in Patts??

mess 7 - Was looking to watch UK TV on computer, but need 1 meg speed - is that possible in Pattaya ?

mess 7 - Was looking to watch UK TV on computer, but need 1 meg speed - is that possible in Pattaya ?

Why would you need UK TV in pattaya????? :P When being in the best party town of the entire world i sure don't need no TV from back home!

I even don't have time to watch TV at all. As a fact i only will look TV when being in a bar as the premier/champions league is on or formula 1. As for in the room the only time the tv is on is when my BG wants to listen music when we aren't in our sextherapy!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Strictly speaking, you need to declare to UK customs(?), anything over (i think) £10,000 that you are taking out.

Some jobsworths are pulling people and quoting ony £1,000. Thats cash, by the way (for both figures above)

They dont/cant do much......except fuck you about, and you might miss your flight

Its VERY rare that they WILL pull you, but its worth pointing that fact out, so you can keep £1,000 handy to show them, and keep the rest deep in your carry on bag.......fuck 'em !!!!

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

thanks for the answers about the cash - what about the internet ???

You can take as much internet into Thailand as you like!

RULES

1NQq.gif

Take all you have and I will meet you at the Airport and assist you in getting it through immigration, and to help you even more, I will ensure it is circulated accordingly amongst bars and go-gos in equal amounts as to keep it from the relevant possible confiscations. No need to thank me, my pleasure mate.

Damn where do I signup for this one. :Trolls1:

Can possibly just open a Thai account and transfer funds that way.

2ll0roh.gif

can i bring this much ?

The way the exchange rate is heading thats enough for one LT BF........

I never take my laptop with me to Pattaya so I use the internet cafes checking my e-mails and sending e-mails. I find that some internet cafes are better than others. So if your planning on using the internet cafes I think it's just a matter of finding the Internet Cafe thats near your hotel that has the best internet speed. Just a matter of trial and error

When I moved to LOS years ago, I carried my complete life savings with me.

I declared it properly with the Thai the customs and I was never bothered again about these 348 Euro and 75 cents.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

can i bring this much ?

Can you afford the airline's charge for overweight and oversize luggage ?

OH .. you also have to be able to fit it in four checked bags.

Edited by lostagain