IGNORED

Starting Business in Thailand

CyberHippie

I will be starting an Internet business some time soon in Thailand.

I will need to go out of the country and establish it as a proper company so I do not need to hand over any % to Thai nationals.

My question to the community is...

How do I run it here in Thailand? Do I need to setup a company here as well, because I would like to avoid that at all cost.Can I employ from offhore?

I will need to employ as many staff as I need to have the ability to work and have my partners work in the business as well, so can that be done with an offshore company?

My only requirement is to legally have an office that me and my associates can work from and pay taxes to the Govt and all above board activities.. The thais are incidental and will be given menial tasks to keep them occupied.

My thought is to establish an offshore company and setup a valueless company in Thailand that "works for" the offshore company, therby negating any risk that may incur with thai nationals owning a %, as all they have access to would be the "valueless" company.

I know that owning a company in Thailand is all done with legal documentation and agreements that Thai's will not have voting rights and.. etc..... , but I still have no faith in the legal system or the govt to believe that establishing a company in Thailand is risk free.

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

You would be better off taking this question to a competant lawyer in Thailand (if there IS such a beast, that it) rather than ask this in a mongerers forum.

That, or take it to a forum less focussed on carnal desires, but more of a financial slant (See PM).

having said that, i am almost sure you cant set up a "valueless" company in Thailand, and it must have a capital injection of 2 million Baht, and be "seen to be working". That means paying taxes, paying some health insurance to Thai emplyees etc.

Hedonist

Edited by hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Ok.. I think I should have rephrased valueless..

By that I mean the least possible requirements to attain the objective

It will be fully operational... Myself and my partners will be managing day to day operations for the company and as its internet based, it doesnt require "bricks and mortar" location.

Edited by CyberHippie

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

Ok.. I think I should have rephrased valueless..

By that I mean the least possible requirements to attain the objective

It will be fully operational... Myself and my partners will be managing day to day operations for the company and as its internet based, it doesnt require "bricks and mortar" location.

As far as i know those ARE the minimum requirements.

Two million Baht capital, and 4 Thai workers (all of which must be paying taxes, and be provided with basic healthcare funding schemes provided by the company they work for)

And i dont think there is an offshore alternative for a non Thai.

But, like i said, there are better places to have the questions answered.

Hedonist

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Thanks.. I took your suggestion and joined and have posted in the "better place for this topic"

Good for you.

Like i say..........a better place to ask, although they come across to me as being both anal and cliquish, so its best to sound not too cocky and rattle any cages in there.

It will be an "interesting" debate, no doubt, as well as an informative one for you (i hope)

Hedonist