IGNORED

Return Flights

properperson

Hi Everyone,

i have just received my "O" multi entry 1 year visa and am about to book my flights...

My intention is to stay in Thailand for just under the one year, but try as i may i can't book a return flight that far in the future...

If i book a one way ticket and bring with me a bank statement showing £25,000 + in my bank a/c - do you guys think that will be ok ??

i have a morbid fear of being at Thai immigration with no return ticket and them telling me to feck off...

Also, is there a limit of bringing cash in ? (was thinking of circa £5,000)....

Thanks in advance...

cant you buy a return ticket with no-charge for changing the return date?

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

you wont need a return ticket when you have the O visa..you dont even need a return ticket if you have a tourist visa

leaving the UK you "should" declare anything over £10k...bringing money into thailand i dont think there is any limit but i'm not 100%

you definatly wont have any trouble carring £5k cash into thailand :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

No return ticket needed with a visa, but you'll probably save money booking a return flight as late as you can now and then changing it nearer the date (just check the terms & conditions for fees).

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Most, if not all, of the flight ware-houses do not calendar flights a full year ahead. However, the price of single tickets is a rip-off when compared to the return prices. I would suggest either ringing someone like ebookers and explaining your plans to see if they can arrange it. Alternatively, phone the local office of Etihad and/or Emirates and ask them for prices.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I have been entering and leaving Thailand every month for the past two and a half years on non-imm O visas. I have never been asked by immgration for evidence of flights or funds. A few times I have been asked by the airlines about an exit flight and the visa is enough to satisfy them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....