IGNORED

Changing a return flight with ETIHAD

billybarfine

Right, we booked for Pattaya early on in the year with wefly.com and we were going to stay in LOS for 2 months from the beginning of December. Anyway to cut a long story short, It was a bit optimistic that we were all going to be able to stay that long. " of the party of 4 have dropped out completely and 2 of us are a bit short of work so are hoping to be able to stay just 1 month now.

2 of the lads have changed their flight dates with china air before, and assured us if we wanted to do the same that Etihad do the same for a £70 surcharge.

Just wondering if anybody else has done it before, before I go the wrong way about trying to change it because wefly didn't want to know when we tried to change a name on the flight ticket.

I was thinking it might be better to do it when we get over there?

Right, we booked for Pattaya early on in the year with wefly.com and we were going to stay in LOS for 2 months from the beginning of December. Anyway to cut a long story short, It was a bit optimistic that we were all going to be able to stay that long. " of the party of 4 have dropped out completely and 2 of us are a bit short of work so are hoping to be able to stay just 1 month now.

2 of the lads have changed their flight dates with china air before, and assured us if we wanted to do the same that Etihad do the same for a £70 surcharge.

Just wondering if anybody else has done it before, before I go the wrong way about trying to change it because wefly didn't want to know when we tried to change a name on the flight ticket.

I was thinking it might be better to do it when we get over there?

It all depends on the booking category of your ticket.... this will determine what changes you can and cant make and what you can do for free and what you have to pay a surcharge for. For example if you pay full price direct with an airline for your ticket then you will normally be entitled to pretty much everything ie. name change, date of travel changes etc. If you book through an agent such as expedia, ebookers, netflights then you will probably not have a very high booking category and will therefore either have to pay to make changes to your ticket or you will not be able to change them at all.

I may be wrong but I think the only people you can deal with is the people you booked your ticket through (wefly.com) I suggest you read your terms and conditions because it may be that they only way you can get what you want is to cancel one ticket (they will take a large fee for doing this Opodo take £100+) and then start again with a new ticket.

Hope this helps.

this is a quote from etihad web site

(That depends on the type of fare you have booked. Discounted fares usually have certain restrictions that may not permit changes in reservations or refund upon cancellation. To find out what restrictions may apply to your ticket please contact your local Etihad office. Please be advised that currently we do not offer the facility to change bookings online)

London, United Kingdom

Office Address: London Ticket office relocated to Terminal 4, Zone C. For administration only: 200 Hammersmith Road, W6 7DL, London, United Kingdom

Business Hours: Office: No Access to visitors - Ticket Desk located at Heathrow Terminal 4. 0500 – 2200hrs Daily

Office: +44 (0) 800 731 9384

Reservations and Ticketing: +44 (0) 800 731 9384

London Heathrow, United Kingdom

Office Address: Room 1992, Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow, Middlesex TW6 3XZ, London, United Kingdom

Business Hours: 0500 – 2300hrs Daily

Manchester Airport, United Kingdom

Office Address: Manchester International Airport, Room 29/30, Level 7, Terminal One, M90 3AF, Manchester, United Kingdom

Business Hours: 8 am-8 pm (Mon-Sun)

Manchester International Airport, United Kingdom

Airport Name: Manchester International Airport

Airport: +44 (0) 870 241 7121

Airport Office Address: Room 29/30, Level 7,, Manchester, United Kingdom

Good luck mate, if you bought a cheap ticket, etihad do not let you change anything, before or after you fly unless it is an expensive class ticket.. Thats why i just booked with jet Airways-free changes,no hassle.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Good luck mate, if you bought a cheap ticket, etihad do not let you change anything, before or after you fly unless it is an expensive class ticket.. Thats why i just booked with jet Airways-free changes,no hassle.

well if worse comes to worse then we will have to book a 1 way ticket home. or try fiddle insurance saying i snapped my banjo so need surgery in england ha

well if worse comes to worse then we will have to book a 1 way ticket home. or try fiddle insurance saying i snapped my banjo so need surgery in england ha

i booked with wefly in jan this yr and wanted to extend it when i was over there went to travel agent in LK Metro they rang for me free of charge but then told me if i didnt travel on that day i lost my ticket because i booked through an agent, i stayed anyway and looked for another cheap flight in april

i booked with wefly in jan this yr and wanted to extend it when i was over there went to travel agent in lk metro they rang for me free of charge but then told me if i didnt travel on that day i lost my ticket because i booked through an agent, i stayed anyway and looked for another cheap flight in april

OK, thats what we will have to do then. Is it cheaper to get a flight when youre over there?

OK, thats what we will have to do then. Is it cheaper to get a flight when youre over there?

if your like me and look hard enough you should find one at a decent price but it wont be as cheap as booking from uk, good luck

Had same problem in Jan, although i wanted to extend my holiday. I ended up having to pay £450 one way to go from BKK-MAN

Basically, if you book thru an agent you have to go thru them. And 99% say no can do as you booked the cheapo ticket.

If you had booked the same flights direct with Etihad on the web then you could have changed the return for a fee of about 50 quid.

I always book direct with Etihad now as their prices are only about a fiver more than these web travel agents and it saves this sort of hassle in the future....

my mate who booked with the same agent but on a seperate policy has just changed his out bound flight and its cost him £120. but they cant change his inbound flight