IGNORED

Visa to the U.S.

Murphy

Question:

Is it any easer to receive a K1, K3, Tourist Visa from countries such as the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, or Costa Rica?

Hell, the DR & PR are almost considered part of the U.S. already and CR seems to be protected by the U.S. also.

Not sure country of origin makes a lot of difference. My experience was from the Philippines. But even though they said there was no difference in the timing of a K1 or K3 visa, I think the K3 is about 3 weeks faster from the people I know getting them.

But it is all about the timing of the visa to the govt. offices. some months they are more speedy than others. But these days 6 months to 8 months seems to be the wait these days from Asian countries.

How Costa Rico or DR would fare, I would not think any different than any other country, but I dont know that from fact, just my thoughts

Are you deciding where to get a girl so you can bring her to the usa? If you are getting a fiancee or marriage visa...it probably won't matter that much, maybe a month or two faster. Puerto Rico is actually a US Territory, so that would be your best choice because you might not even have to marry the girl to bring her to the USA.

Are you deciding where to get a girl so you can bring her to the usa? If you are getting a fiancee or marriage visa...it probably won't matter that much, maybe a month or two faster. Puerto Rico is actually a US Territory, so that would be your best choice because you might not even have to marry the girl to bring her to the USA.

Curiosity is all.....

Not sure country of origin makes a lot of difference. My experience was from the Philippines. But even though they said there was no difference in the timing of a K1 or K3 visa, I think the K3 is about 3 weeks faster from the people I know getting them.

But it is all about the timing of the visa to the govt. offices. some months they are more speedy than others. But these days 6 months to 8 months seems to be the wait these days from Asian countries.

How Costa Rico or DR would fare, I would not think any different than any other country, but I dont know that from fact, just my thoughts

Well I did not know the time of year made a difference. Hummmmm

As far as the K1 vs. K3 Visa goes, the K1 Visa is faster. I know that sounds ass backward but it is true.

I successfully got a K1 Visa for my ex-fiancée, however as the "ex" would suggest we did not get married and she now lives back in Thailand.

The good news is that my two year waiting period between Visa apps. was up last April. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

any visa you apply for in thailand is going to take longer now. I got a k-1 visa for my girl in 6 months it would have been sooner except that with the new administration they changed all the state dept folks, and they are at odd with the poor backwards retarded that people, so the thai staff is not working for the new people. I believe the only reason my app got put through was because I had a friend who knew someone in another section of the embassy and was helpfull in motivating the new folks to process my paperwork.

28278.png