IGNORED

A Polyglot speaks

MONOCHROMEMAN

This is slightly OT. Posted really to maybe help motivate some people. This guy speaks lots of languages. I'm guessing he has some hardwiring in his brain that helps him (that I don't have!!!)

That said, he might not think so. His thoughts on how to learn are quite interesting.

I was interested in the fact he learnt Thai and emailed him asking what level he got to and I'd like to see a vdo. He replied he spoke ok Thai as a kid as he had family there but hasn't spoken for years. I'd still like to see him do a video. Maybe I'll email back.

Enjoy!

Edited by MONOCHROMEMAN

That said, he might not think so. His thoughts on how to learn are quite interesting.

got that in the comments Monochromeman ?

was poking around. someone like that, i may sign up and subscribe

i like the study a bit everyday comment

Edited by aitch

Thats amazing!! I speak greek & english only & people are impressed with that!

This guy should work for the UN as an interpreter....or maybe he is already....great stuff!

The idea of someone speaking as many languages as that guy is remarkable. I wonder though how fluent he is and how well he's pronouncing the words. I speak 3 languages and have heard people who've either just memorized common phrases and/or have a horrible accent.

FYI, I've sent the link to one of my Macedonian-American friends and have asked her how well the guy speaks her language. I'll report back with her reply.

Yep, you need to plough through the comments to get his thoughts on learning. They're surprisingly down to earth and practical. You always get some eejit on youtube making some dumb comment but overall he's getting good comments which he deserves imho. He gets some criticism for his accent (or lack of) but he says on there he's not bothered about accent. He concentrates on communication - ie getting meaning across which seems to be a sensible approach to me.

I'd imagine his Macedonian is decent as he speaks it with his wife if I remember right. I'm sure he had up videos of him speaking specific languages for an extended period but they've come down.

He said to me he'd like to revive his Thai but "Time is the killer though - never enough of it!"

i wonder if he dreams in all those languages, and if he does, if there is some sort of pattern of when that first happens.

Edited by aitch