IGNORED

Thai Movie DVDs With English Subtitles

I think many would be Thai movie buffs who don't speak Thai become frustrated when they discover very Thai movies are released on DVD with English subtitles.

In fact, there are quite a lot, that have been licensed out to film companies elsewhere in Asia and the US.

A few months ago I began tracking down such movies, and developed a purely private website (non commercial)which advises which movies are available - mostly outside of Thailand, with English subtitles.

For each movie, a range of vendors and their prices of each movie is indicated, with direct links to whichever is selected.

There are profiles of each movie, and links to external reviews.

So, for those who want Thai movies with English subtitles, all the research has been done for you.

This will be the only post to this forum about "Best Thai Movies"

Edited by wallaby 12345

There are a few hundred full dvd Thai movies on here, and most of them have had custom subs made for them, by a Thai lady on the website, so you will find mnovies available with subs, that usually arent, the only downside for some is that the dvds are 4.5 gig and its a private tracker, so you got to limit your download, to make sure you upload enough.

http://asiandvdclub.org/login.php

• 2 weeks later...

I think many would be Thai movie buffs who don't speak Thai become frustrated when they discover very Thai movies are released on DVD with English subtitles.

In fact, there are quite a lot, that have been licensed out to film companies elsewhere in Asia and the US.

A few months ago I began tracking down such movies, and developed a purely private website (non commercial)which advises which movies are available - mostly outside of Thailand, with English subtitles.

For each movie, a range of vendors and their prices of each movie is indicated, with direct links to whichever is selected.

There are profiles of each movie, and links to external reviews.

So, for those who want Thai movies with English subtitles, all the research has been done for you.

This will be the only post to this forum about "Best Thai Movies"

I would like to advise that the re-licensed "The Love Of Siam" became available in Hong Kong yesterday. And yes, with English subtitles.

I expect it now be available in the US and Korea also. The biggest on-line vendor in Korea has had it on order for some time.

The new license seems to have gone to an American company, and the big well known on-line stores will have it.

I think many people have been waiting to see this movie, and now they can, with a language they can understand.

It might not be a Thai epic movie, but for many, it will be their favorite Thai movie of all time.

Did you all know there is a VCD and CD (twin set) featuring the August band. The VCD is a bit odd, as it has 2 video tracks, repeated to make 4 tracks.

They both feature video of the movie, with singer Flure walking past "Tong" in a shopping mall , probably Siam Square. The other features "Mew" Witwisit Hiranyawonkul singing with his own voice.

The two tracks take one quickly through the whole movie.

The CD features 7 tracks of the August Band. Well, perhaps 6, as the final one is the theme of the movie with a much grander orchestra.

That twin set apparently came out in 2007, and was reissued in Thailand about a month ago.

If you can't find it, the website of Bangkok's biggest on-line vendor has it. It's listed just as "August Band".

I have been looking for Thai Movie DVDs in English With Thai Subtitles to help me learn conversational Thai.

no luck so far.

was hoping "The Love Of Siam" DVD had that feature (think the US title is "The Elephant King" with an October 20th release date).