Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do British Tv's work in Thailand?

trojanhorse

I am looking at moving over in the next couple of months & i want to know if British TV's work in Thailand, can anyone tell me if they do? :Club_fight1:

Cheers Trojan

Edited by trojanhorse

Trojan

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."

Dont know but you will have to pay tax on it so your better off selling it!!

You can buy a 50in plasma for £600

Have you thought this through?

Moving to Thailand simply to extend the life of an analogue TV because Britain is turning to digital doesn't stack up.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Have you thought this through?

Moving to Thailand simply to extend the life of an analogue TV because Britain is turning to digital doesn't stack up.

55555 SOunds like good solid Thai Logic to me.

Yes , you will have to pay import duty.

If its an analogue TV then you can probably thune it OK - but the audio may be an issue - not sure.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

will work fine all Sony Tv's in the last 10 years have been NTSC and Pal so no issue - my mate took all his stuff down here from UK and did not pay any import duties - he had a fixed fee to pay at customs in BKK when the container came down but nothing else

but the audio may be an issue - not sure.

Yes the audio will be an issue, if connecting by AV cables to a TV.

I tried to connect the audio out from my laptop to a Thai TV audio input, using my UK lead & also one bought from Tukcom.

Thai AVs use a longer pin & they don't have the 'notches' found on UK AV cables.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

will work fine all Sony Tv's in the last 10 years have been NTSC and Pal so no issue - my mate took all his stuff down here from UK and did not pay any import duties - he had a fixed fee to pay at customs in BKK when the container came down but nothing else

The import duty is different if you do an official relocation to Thailand. If get a work permit and 1 year Visa, you can bring in ONE TIME ONLY a shipment of house hold goods at zero % plus document fees. All other shipments will be at normal duty and vat rates.

The times I have bought stuff in and declared it, they have charged me a nominal amount AND issued a receipt. Not like the old days.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

• 1 month later...

The TV is a Sony Bravia so i imagine that it will be compatable, i was advised to bring an Scart AV adaptor RCA, but what you have just mentioned with regards to the Thai pins being longer and no side pins may be an issue? anyone have any experience?

Trojan

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."

Yes the audio will be an issue, if connecting by AV cables to a TV.

I tried to connect the audio out from my laptop to a Thai TV audio input, using my UK lead & also one bought from Tukcom.

Thai AVs use a longer pin & they don't have the 'notches' found on UK AV cables.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

This is true. Although Thai TV is transmitted using a version of the PAL system the sound carrier frequency is different to that used in the UK. With some TVs this will mean that you can get the picture but no sound.

Many top end TV's these days are mutli-system so check with your manual. A TV that just recieves PAL or NTSC might not be good enough but if is a true multi system you would be fine.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel