IGNORED

Los Cabos Grill Soi 16 BKK

wackyjacky

I'm kind pimping for buddy of mine, Robb's soon to open a Mexican place behind the Sheraton on Soi 16 called Los Cabos Grill. It's in an old victorian style home under a big banyon tree 100 yds from Suk. I think it was the French Ambassador's house and is 100 years old or so. The place is huge, so I think they're gonna use the 2nd floor just for functions. They've got 16 or 20 parking spaces and a couple wrap around decks. Robb opened up Tequila Reef on Soi 7 (food went downhill when he left), was behind Great American Rib Co, and ran and owned a number of Mexican joints in Cal previously. I've eaten his food for years and I imagine it'll be pretty good. It should be a cool place to hang and down some margaritas, daiquiris, mojitos etc. From the looks of things, and talking to him in July, they should be open by Nov. Here's some pics I took in July. wj STA71005.JPGSTA71006.JPGSTA71004.JPGSTA71007.JPGSTA71008.JPG

Edited by wackyjacky

Tequilla Reef sucked when I ate there in July. Hope this place will be better. Luv mexican food.

Tequilla Reef sucked when I ate there in July. Hope this place will be better. Luv mexican food.

ILAL: Yeah it's gotten worse every year since Robb left 7 years ago. You've really got to watch your kitchen staff, because they'll do it "the Thai Way"(same as easiest) instead of proper preparation if you're not looking. Plus the original owner, Darrel opened another one in AC and is there all the time now. I've noticed the same thing at a lot of other places in the LOS when the head chef is out that night. Call 1st, make sure Robb's there, and you'll get a good meal foh shoh ! wj

• 3 months later...