IGNORED

Asia Rooms.com Booking/Payment/Confirmation ?

aletank

I've booked 6 nights in Patong Beach Lodge, Phuket

I've had the hotel Booking confirmation from asiarooms.com with a reference number.

On the confirmation receipt it says Asiarooms does not take any payment.The credit card details supplied are used to guarantee your reservation,unless otherwise stated by the hotel.

I emailed the hotel asking if they had received my booking etc and the replied saying the can't confirm any booking without payment and to fax my credit card details.

I've emailed asiarooms about this asking if i should either do nothing and turn up in Jan with my Booking Confirmation or fax my credit card details, which i don't feel too safe doing ?

I tried to phone the hotel to pay over the phone but the English was not very good so i had to put the phone down.

What should i do ?

Edited by aletank

Have used asia rooms elsewhere in Asia.

You dont pay them, just take the booking confirmation to the hotel on the date booked and check in as you normally would.

The hotel will then ask for a credit card to cover incidentals, room service, mini bar etc, and at the end of your stay you check out having paid the agreed amount on you booking confirmation.

Went very smoothly for me. Think Asia rooms are part of the TUI group, Worldwide holiday corporation owning companies like Thomsons in the UK.

Dont give anyone your card details over the phone, especially in Thailand.

Worse comes to worse (which it wont). There will be thousands of other rooms available in Phuket.

Enjoy your trip and stop fretting, :rolleyes:

I've been useuing asiarooms.com for years.

I always pay them for the room, then the hotel takes a credit card swipe for incidentals.

Take your confirmation from asia room to the hotel, never been a problem, in fact been upgrade a few times.

I find them a lot easier than trawling through the drama of trying to book direct with the hotel.

I recommend them.