Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airbus 330-200

bocelli27

After Air France 477 crashed at the beginning of June, the story was broadcast across the world by just about every conceivable mode of communication.

There was intense coverage of the search and partial-retrieval operations, speculation on the role of pitot tubes, questions raised about the impact of tropical storms and the competence of the crew, rumours of terrorist attack, expert disection of the strengths and weaknesses of fly-by-wire aircraft technology, speculation on the likelihood of recovery of the black boxes, baton-passing extraordinaire in respect of notifying the aircaft as missing.

For weeks on end, everytime you opened Google or a newspaper, the latest news and / or speculation about AF 477 hit you full on - hourly and daily updates. Perhaps I paid more than my normal level of attention because I was due to fly on the Airbus 330-200. Not that I hadn't done so before; but there was or suddenly seemed a bit more at stake that had been the case previously.

Yet, for the last few weeks the story of AF 477 seems to have been abandoned, to have fallen from the skies of presumed public interest as quickly as the plane and its unfortunate occupants did.

Why has this happened? Is anything really happening now to investigate and explain what happened? Why has the press gone from a state of ongoing verbal diarrhoea to a state of Trappist-like silence? Should I be thinking that ranks have been closed and that an edict has been issued to erase the memory of what happened?

It's just that I'm thinking its time for me to reach for the skies again.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

After watching the Lockerbie dissaster documetary again a few weeks ago. It which was said if the flight hadn't been delayed and the timers used

more accurate the bomb would of detonated over the ocean. This would of turned the dissaster into an almost forgotten tradgedy, but as the plane

came down on land evidence was easy to obtain.

The lack of evidence gained in the Air France 477 dissaster in my opinion has made it almost forgotten now, I apologise to any one involved if my comments offend. As for taking to the skies again dissasters and accidents make air travel safer as usually mistakes are not made twice, I feel safer flying than riding mototaxis in Pattaya. adi

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

Why has the press gone from a state of ongoing verbal diarrhoea to a state of Trappist-like silence? Should I be thinking that ranks have been closed and that an edict has been issued to erase the memory of what happened?

it was 6 months ago, time to move on.

its the price we pay for air travel.

June,

July,

August,

September.

Now that may be six months in Australia, but it's only four months in the UK - or it will be at the end of the month. Perhaps you can clarify on the recent revisions to the structure of the Australian Calendar.

I did read through the Wilkipedia site, but that too sort of suddenly tails off. I appreciate that the black boxes are now unlikely to be found; but I still wonder why there seems to be nothing from any of the key parties as to what has happened / is happening since the black box batteries are assumed to have died. There just does not appear to be any urgency any more. Even a proposed reporting timetable would provide some indication that this disaster is not just being swept under the carpet

I did read through the Wilkipedia site, but that too sort of suddenly tails off. I appreciate that the black boxes are now unlikely to be found; but I still wonder why there seems to be nothing from any of the key parties as to what has happened / is happening since the black box batteries are assumed to have died. There just does not appear to be any urgency any more. Even a proposed reporting timetable would provide some indication that this disaster is not just being swept under the carpet

Well, there are a few reasons here. But #1 among them is the short attention span of the news viewers in the world these days. Actually 4 months is a bit longer than I would have thought it would last. Even events such as 9/11 have faded in priority levels these days. So mark it up to the 24/7 news cycles, and the news consumer's attention span of a typical 4 year old, and you have your answer. NOT everyone flys much. SO....... NOT everyone is interested in why the planes fall from the skys. Couple that with the correct statistic that you are safer on the plane than in the auto that takes you to the airport, and people tend to move on quickly. It is not swept under the carpet, it is simply left as old news.....

#2 that played a part in why this information still holds interest to SOME people such as yourself, is they never did actually find any facts that give a reason, and so have no certainty as to what to fix to prevent a second or third occurrence of this. Mystery like this will at some point spawn a conspiracy plot that will resurrect this old news story. Someone will develop a mystery story, ( likely to assist in selling their 'true story mystery book deal') and start this all over again. Not enough factual info on a tragedy that kills people always does this kind of thing. Give it another 3 or 4 years, and it will come back to life as a book deal with conspiracy at the root of it.

Mystery like this will at some point spawn a conspiracy plot that will resurrect this old news story. Someone will develop a mystery story, ( likely to assist in selling their 'true story mystery book deal') and start this all over again. Not enough factual info on a tragedy that kills people always does this kind of thing. Give it another 3 or 4 years, and it will come back to life as a book deal with conspiracy at the root of it.

The French refuse to invite any of the British Royal Family to the D-Day anniversary - French airbus goes missing in the Atlantic - Coincidence? :)

Al.

Without flying we could not go on regular trips some crash such is life sorry for the people that will die in december it seems every time i fly a plane crashes killing everybody unfortunately from perth we can only go to LOS on a Airbus personally i prefer aBoeing as they are much safer than Airbus's that is they crash less

hopefuly my prediction of acrash won't comer true but unfortunately it happens just before i fly maybe acoinsidence i don't know

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

it feels like 6 months it was that long ago.

does anyone really care anymore except you?

I would say the relatives and friends of the people who were on board do in fact anyone who flies in an Airbus should as the actual cause has not yet been determined only speculation about the speed sensors.

Al.

does anyone really care anymore except you?

Yes, what is to stop it happening again? maybe with a friend or relative on board. Every air accident should be fully investigated and learned from.

I suppose we are witnessing a clash of cultures; one that says that we have some evidence of a serious problem, we should investigate it thoroughly, identify its causes as best we can and take remedial action to minimise the potential for it to happen again; the other that says it didn't affect me directly so I don't give a flying fuck and I suffer from attention deficit so get off my case.

Yes, what is to stop it happening again? maybe with a friend or relative on board. Every air accident should be fully investigated and learned from.

unfortunately some accidents are just that wrong place wrong time or some we will never know the cause because of where or when they happen

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard