IGNORED

Confused about visas

djmarkey

:Clap8:

Hi guys,

I read and hear different things about visas while entering thailand from the uk and would like someone to clarify the following for me!

I have been before (only last month) on a 30 day stamp but only stayed for 2 weeks "holiday" This time we fly out mid November and ideally I would want to stay for 2 or if possible 3 months so I can travel around and see a few more sights other than Pattaya (yeah, I must be mad!) I am this weekend going to book flights but not sure if to get a 1 2 or 3 month ticket - no point in getting 2 or 3 months if I am only "allowed" to stay for 1 month!

Up until last week I have friends who say I can go on a 1 month tourist visa and do a run to Cambodia/Laos to extend my stay, but on this forum only yesterday I notice that the thai authorities have now made a stop to extensions & visa runs this way???

:23: & As always, your help and advice is always grateful. :23:

apply for a 2 month tourist visa before you go, this can be extended in jomtien for 1 more month for 1900baht

going to cambo only gives you another 15 days

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

You can come to Thailand without a Visa and you'll get 30 days at Airport Immigration.

However, if you plan on coming for 2-3months then apply for a Visa back home before you leave. If you only plan to travel in Thailand then a 3 month Visa will work for you. If you plan on leaving to go to say Cambodia, Laos, Burma, etc. and then come back to Thailand get a 60 day double entry visa.

Find the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate and go on their website. It explains everything you need, cost, etc. and they'll even have an application form online.

This will allow you to stay for 60 days, leave and then come back for another 60 days.

The border Visa runs aren't worth doing for the length of time you plan on coming.

Hope this helps.

If your stay is not going to be beyond 3 months and you do not want to leave Thailand in that period, your best option IMO would be a Non-Immigrant Visa Category 'O', single entry. This would avoid the need for you to make any visa run.

The Non-Immigrant Visa is available with a single entry or with multiple entries - there is nothing between these two options. The single entry visa has a validity of three months from date of issue. The multiple entry visa has a validity of twelve months from date of issue. On arrival in Thailand each entry allows a stay of maximum 90 days.

If you have a Non-Immigrant Visa the following applies:-

c) With a ONE entry Non-Immigrant Visa you must ensure you enter Thailand within the validity

of the visa which will be 3 months from date of issue.

d) With a MULTIPLE entry Non-Immigrant Visa you must ensure you enter Thailand on your final

visit before expiry of the visa which will be 12 months from date of issue.

When you first arrive in Thailand and pass through Thai Immigration you will be granted a 90-day stay and you will receive a stamp in your passport giving the date you enter (ADMITTED) and the date by which you must exit (UNTIL).

Fot detailed information on visa options , visit www.thaiconsul-uk.com.

If you have any problems, ring them at Hull.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

A tourist visa will give you 60 days for free + a 30 day extension in Jomtien for 1900 baht... or arrive on a visa waiver for 30 days, then pop over to Phnom Penh and pick up a 60 day visa there (free). Shouldn't think they'd suspect you of working illegally under those conditions?

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Sent in for a 60-day visa to the Thai embassy in Washington. US$35, 2 pics, visa form and a whole bunch of paperwork requested on the check list. Awaiting for the package to come back.

One potential problem is that the 60-days is ONE entry. In the past, as I never needed more than 30 days, I just got the stamp on arrival. Went to Saigon and back without any issue. This time, I was not planning on going elsewhere while in Thailand until ... after I sent in for the 60-day visa. Now, I may be going to Angkor ... and I am wondering about that ONE entry bugger.

Going to Angkor will invalidate your Thai visa. I believe you can get a re-entry permit by going to Jomtien (re-entry)... or get another 60 day visa in Phnom Penh... or time the trip to Angkor so that the visa waiver when you come back is close enough to the end of your trip.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

You can come to Thailand without a Visa and you'll get 30 days at Airport Immigration.

However, if you plan on coming for 2-3months then apply for a Visa back home before you leave. If you only plan to travel in Thailand then a 3 month Visa will work for you. If you plan on leaving to go to say Cambodia, Laos, Burma, etc. and then come back to Thailand get a 60 day double entry visa.

Find the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate and go on their website. It explains everything you need, cost, etc. and they'll even have an application form online.

This will allow you to stay for 60 days, leave and then come back for another 60 days.

The border Visa runs aren't worth doing for the length of time you plan on coming.

Hope this helps.

What he said. :GoldenSmile1:

The Hull consulate gives VISAs out like candy.

However, trying to get a non O/B is not advisable, as it involves shed loads of paperwork & they will have you on record should you reapply for a tourist VISA.

Apply for a double entry tourist VISA, which will give you 60 days per pop.

Have a week's holiday in a neighbouring country after 50+ days, or pay 2k baht for a quick border run to Cambodia with any of the ubiquitous companies that offer the service.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

I don't understand the logic of getting a 60-day Visa and then having to go to Jomtien or do a cross-border run costing about £40, when with a ONE entry Non-Immigrant Visa you get a full 90 days without having to do any of that.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men