IGNORED

Back to back visas

bocelli27

According to the ChiangMai Mail:

A further crackdown on 60-day tourist visas by Immigration authorities has been announced through Thai Embassies and Consulates in neighbouring countries and will be effective immediately. Applicants will be subject to increased screening and may have their re-entry visa refused.

The announcement reads as follows: ‘As there have been a number of visa applicants entering Thailand who have misused tourist visas to illegally seek employment during their stay and, upon expiry, sought to re-apply for tourist visas at Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates in neighboring countries, requests for visa renewal by such applicants are subject to rejection as their applications are not based on tourism but on continuing their illegal employment. This is in accordance with the Immigration Act, B.B. 2552 which stipulates that visa applicants are required to clearly express their purpose in visiting Thailand. Should it be found that any applicant’s intention is being concealed, the application will be rejected. Please be informed that the intention of applicants in recent years to repeatedly depart and re-enter Thailand by the use of renewable 60-day tourist visas issued by Royal Thai Embassies and Consulates in neighbouring countries will be considered as a concealment of the applicant’s real purpose in visiting Thailand. As a result, their visa applications will be rejected’.

The notice continues with the advice that foreigners living in Thailand should obtain a Non-Immigrant visa, which can be extended up to one year by the Thai Immigration Bureau.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Sounds fair enough.

Using one type of visa to stay while in reality it is another type you require?

With working offshore do not hit the 30 day tourist limit.

But, still went for the 90 day, multi entry, type 'O' visa option ,for peace of mind.

No changes here just the rules need to be followed correctly, as per the law??

Next year back to normal (ignored)

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Guilty until proven innocent. When will the Thais learn, i wonder?

The fact that people want to stay here longer, but dont meet the marriage/age requiremnts, or want to have the financial requirements rotting away in a Thai bank account, where it earns little interest, and is liable to "wander off" somewhere into the ether, never to be seen again, doesnt mean they are WORKING ILEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I think this is more of a crackdown on Philippinos, and other Asians using the tourist visas to stay in Thailand and work. I doubt they will have too many rejections from people with UK, USA, or European passports. Especially since they just opened up a new port of entry in Cambodia again, to go and get your visas instead of just visa runs, as Laos and Malaysia were making all the money from everyone heading over there.

Guilty until proven innocent. When will the Thais learn, i wonder?

The fact that people want to stay here longer, but dont meet the marriage/age requiremnts, or want to have the financial requirements rotting away in a Thai bank account, where it earns little interest, and is liable to "wander off" somewhere into the ether, never to be seen again, doesnt mean they are WORKING ILEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hedonist

I think you are being a bit unfair. Nobody can come to our countries and stay indefinately on a tourist visa. The reason being is that they are in the county for things other than tourism. I appreciate it will be inconvenient for people but I can see the Thai's point of view. Many people staying long term in Thailand abuse the tourist visa system. While it would be nice to a convenient class of visa to stay long term in Thailand there isn't, so people have to live with that.

I hope that I am wrong but I disagree with the previous post. This looks pretty general to me, hopefully it will not be fully implemented.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think you are being a bit unfair. Nobody can come to our countries and stay indefinately on a tourist visa. The reason being is that they are in the county for things other than tourism. I appreciate it will be inconvenient for people but I can see the Thai's point of view. Many people staying long term in Thailand abuse the tourist visa system. While it would be nice to a convenient class of visa to stay long term in Thailand there isn't, so people have to live with that.

I hope that I am wrong but I disagree with the previous post. This looks pretty general to me, hopefully it will not be fully implemented.

Very true

There are numerous farang working illegally, there are numerous farang on the bones of their asses abusimg the system when they offer nothing financial or of value to Thailand

Look at the outcries in the US, UK and Australia on illegal immigrants, good on the Thais cracking down on the scammers. this only affects the lowlifes, everyone else is not really affected

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry