IGNORED

Is the Motorbike Crackdown still in force in Pattaya?

LuckyLucas

Are the BiB still pulling everyone over on a motorbike in Pattaya?

I was tried to avoid the main drags and still got pulled at the family mart in betwween 3rd road

and Nirun Condo. (license still at home in uk)

It took me donkeys to wind my way home last week

anyone spotted any BiB pullover spots?

They not only pull over us but Thai's too, i saw more Thai's pulled over then farangs in July. having to carry a international license and your home license while driving is inconvenient

pulling everyone over! Only last week a friend of mine got pulled over and fined twice for not carring his licence 2x 800 baht fines later........and even the thai girl I was with got fined 600 baht for no helmet!

They have these little purges all different areas at different times, they check details so as to seek out stolen bikes etc, of course you hear people who get fined for no insurance or helmet etc screaming the same shit as always, "extortion, the police scammed 400 baht outa me" its the fine I say....

wear a helmet and your ok I say, fuckers they say.........

by the way if you have a UK licence your ok, if you are riding a bike or driving a car with no licence you will be fined if caught....not scammed, fined.

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

wear a helmet and your ok I say, fuckers they say.........

by the way if you have a UK licence your ok, if you are riding a bike or driving a car with no licence you will be fined if caught....not scammed, fined.

I had my Canadian License on me and still got a 400 baht fine for no licence . So it was not "OK"

so unless a UK license is more valid than a Canadian license i got "scammed"

this was at the marine hotel as I was headed toward 2nd road , and they most definetly were only pulling over 90% falang

I have lived here 5 years and always shown my UK licence without any problem either here or in BKK, been done about 5 times for no helmet, they always have kept the licence until I paid the fine, the last 2 times I have tried to bung the officer 200 baht to save myself the trouble, both times refused and told to go soi 9 to pay the fine, I always respect the Thai Police and never give them a hard time for something I am responsible for.

I had my Canadian License on me and still got a 400 baht fine for no licence . So it was not "OK"

so unless a UK license is more valid than a Canadian license i got "scammed"

this was at the marine hotel as I was headed toward 2nd road , and they most definetly were only pulling over 90% falang

What were the other 10%, did the 10% of farangs have helmets on, or did 90% of Thai's have helmets o.

Edited by Daveo

What were the other 10%, did the 10% of farangs have helmets on, or did 90% of Thai's have helmets o.

Loads of Thais passed without helmets whilst I was pulled over because my hemet didnt have an approval sticker.

Thats Why I never rent a bike no more.From what I have seen there 90% Farangs :Banghead2:

babydollsaddict.gif

What licence do you need to have? Is a UK car licence sufficient, or do you need a motorbile licence?

Maybe there is a shortage of cash for their weekly BBQ at the police station, so everyone has to pony up more baht?

Eat. Down. South.

New to this forum, and trying to find my way around how to use the various buttons. Trying to reply to 'cmw' but the editor didn't seem to add the quote in here!

What you 'NEED' is a valid International licence or a Thai one; nothing else is legal. What you can get away with depends on the mood of the BIB who has stopped you, and your attitude to him. Personally, I've never had any problem showing the various licences I have (which don't include Thai, UK or International)but that may come to a grinding halt one day!

If anyone gets pulled over with or without a licence because they're not wearing a helmet - all I can say is สมนำหน้า.

Loads of Thais passed without helmets whilst I was pulled over because my hemet didnt have an approval sticker.

lol, I got the same thing earlier this year. I have an international license, plus a big bike license from my home state(I have 2 different Ducis) but still got the non approved helmet BS with several thai with no helmet directly in front of me. The cop did look a little uneasy when I started answering him him thai though. I think they like to screw with falang, but not the ones that could get them in trouble for their racism, although personally it's not worth the trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

It's in force every month from around the 28th to 31st and from the 1st to the 3ed. Just in time to meet rental payments.