IGNORED

Confused by O visa rules

Tao 66

Ok well I am toying with the idea of an extended stay in Thailand, don't know if I will extend my November trip or come next year. I will probably come next year as I am hoping to have agency work until Xmas and save every penny.

Now here is the confusion. The application form for a 90 day non immigrant visa clearly states that I need evidence for family /friends visit, a marriage certificate or a sponsor letter from family or friend there (smiled at that one!)

Yet now I am told by others I don't need this...and had a message from a forum member who has a 90 day visa and goes off mongering on it!

Have the rules changed? I emailed the embassy and they just told me to apply!

Or am I looking at the wrong visa section?

Quite confused as I don't want to send off all my stuff and look a t*t.

Cheers guys

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Ring thev consulate and speak to them. Ask about a one year VISA and what information you need to provide - I don't think the rules have changed since I got mine.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Ring thev consulate and speak to them. Ask about a one year VISA and what information you need to provide - I don't think the rules have changed since I got mine.

I was just told by the Thai Consulate in Cardiff that for a non immigrant O visa I now require a marriage certificate to visit family and friends or a letter from my Thai gf stating that she has a relationship with me and that she would like me to stay in Thailand for longer.

Tourist visa for me this time...LOL

Cardiff is in Wales, the Welsh love frustrating the English and you are being led up the garden path.

I'd ring Hull and see what they say. Indeed, reading the Visa application documentation on the Hull website, it states:

Purpose of visit:

a) TOURIST VISA: = Tourism only (employment, paid or unpaid, is strictly forbidden)

b) NON-IMMIGRANT: “B” = Business only

“ED” = Education/Study, Seminar/Conference/Exhibition, Event Official or Training Course

“O” = Friends/family, Extended Stay, UK Pensioner, Volunteer Worker, Seek Work

Evidence substantiating purpose of visit:

Extra evidence, as detailed below, is required only for Non-Immigrant Visas Categories “B” and “ED”:-

Category “B” = Letter from sponsor or copy of company documents or valid work permit

Category “ED” = Sponsor letter from educational establishment

Category “O” = Copy of Marriage Cert (if married to Thai national) or Pension Book or Sponsor Letter

While 'O' could be ambiguous, in your case (and mine) it is simply not applicable as no Thai wife, no pension book and no sponsor required because your visa application is on the grounds of 'extended stay'.

Hi Tim42.

I have a multi entry, 90 day, type "O" visa from Cardiff this year and the past 3 years.

Have a UK address in Newbury, Berks (Ex wife).

Never a problem since I show my lease agreement (Thai address).

Reason for visit is to "See friends and family"

You want some help to get over there and see Koy, PM me

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks very much.

I will send my passport to Hull and give them a ring first to check.

I guess some embassies have different interpretations than others. I didn't find the words "extended stay" on the website for cardiff.

Edited by Tim42

hi tim i sent my passport to hull very quick return for 30 day visa sent rmsd post be safe with a stamped addresed envelope back to you also rmsd post.

i e mailed a guy there pm me i will give you his e mail he was helpful.

or speak to paul at thai visa he is excellent

hi tim i sent my passport to hull very quick return for 30 day visa sent rmsd post be safe with a stamped addresed envelope back to you also rmsd post.

i e mailed a guy there pm me i will give you his e mail he was helpful.

or speak to paul at thai visa he is excellent

Well well well....

Just called Hull and they told me that if I put "extended stay" on my application there will be no problem. However if I marry a thai girl I would have to enclose the marriage certificate each time I apply.

Seems like cardiff were just being a pain in the rear....

Bocelli27 I owe you a beer...

Cheers!

Edited by Tim42

I agree to go with Hull, they would give an O visa to a knife wielding chimpanzee, no evidence is required, its a different story with others.

I have heard all the other embassies around the EU and USA are fussy about getting the correct documentation.

Luckily for those in Europe you are entitled to use Hull in England.

Just get in touch with a Thai girl from one of the Thai meet sites.They'll send ya a letter,they need the Business.They didn't ask me for a letter.I just told them I had a GF in Thailand, get Multy intry O good for a year. the single is for 90 days.

babydollsaddict.gif

The Honorary Consul in Hull is an unpaid position he makes his money from the visas he issues. (no visa no money) Read into that what you may.

Al.

Hi Tim42.

I have a multi entry, 90 day, type "O" visa from Cardiff this year and the past 3 years.

Have a UK address in Newbury, Berks (Ex wife).

Never a problem since I show my lease agreement (Thai address).

Reason for visit is to "See friends and family"

You want some help to get over there and see Koy, PM me

I tried to PM you but it says you are not accepting any messages again! is your box full? I had this prob a few times tho

Edited by Tim42

I prefer to view the Hull consulate as a shining example of how a consulate should operate:

* a stand-alone, full-time function with trained and dedicated staff, undistracted by other unrelated duties or businesses.

* a friendly service backed-up by a clear and informative web-site that includes all the relevant forms, supporting notes and guidance.

* a proud and committed history of long-established commercial relationships with Thailand, with the consulate in Hull dating back to 1922 and the Thai flag proudly raised.

* an excellent and well-presented building with ample parking for visitors, a fine range of free brochures and guides on all parts of Thailand and a comfortable waiting area.

* a track record of meeting its customers needs and expectations whether they transact by phone, mail or in person, with or without appointment.

I've yet to see a knife-yielding chimpanzee there; however, Humberside Police used to have the building next door, so the confusion is understandable.

And,if the consulate in Hull is more helpful in getting genuine visitors out to Thailand than some of the other consulates, more power to its elbow; because the Thai tourist industry badly needs a few shots in the arm and the Thai girls need a greater proportion of fine upstanding Northern males to teach them the finer points of English (and Scottish)culture.

I agree to go with Hull, they would give an O visa to a knife wielding chimpanzee, no evidence is required, its a different story with others.

I have heard all the other embassies around the EU and USA are fussy about getting the correct documentation.

Luckily for those in Europe you are entitled to use Hull in England.

Bonus!!! Confirms what I've heard.

After I finish my PGCE next summer, gonna enrol on a TEFL with Text & Talk in Bangkok.

I hear the non-B is a given. :001_Thank_You5:

Peace.

sgu_banner.gif

I prefer to view the Hull consulate as a shining example of how a consulate should operate:

* a stand-alone, full-time function with trained and dedicated staff, undistracted by other unrelated duties or businesses.

* a friendly service backed-up by a clear and informative web-site that includes all the relevant forms, supporting notes and guidance.

* a proud and committed history of long-established commercial relationships with Thailand, with the consulate in Hull dating back to 1922 and the Thai flag proudly raised.

* an excellent and well-presented building with ample parking for visitors, a fine range of free brochures and guides on all parts of Thailand and a comfortable waiting area.

* a track record of meeting its customers needs and expectations whether they transact by phone, mail or in person, with or without appointment.

I've yet to see a knife-yielding chimpanzee there; however, Humberside Police used to have the building next door, so the confusion is understandable.

And,if the consulate in Hull is more helpful in getting genuine visitors out to Thailand than some of the other consulates, more power to its elbow; because the Thai tourist industry badly needs a few shots in the arm and the Thai girls need a greater proportion of fine upstanding Northern males to teach them the finer points of English (and Scottish)culture.

Ah yes I can explain that one....

It's called Singha beer which I tend to take too much of occaisonally...I did have the pleasure of meeting LaaMok one night in Patts, if I remember rightly it was in Babydolls...I may well have looked like a chimp at the time....except I had a bottle not a knife!

Yes I am impressed so far by the Hull office

Edited by Tim42