IGNORED

Max extension in Jomtien?

sacretagent

HI,

i would arrive next week in Thailand and would like to stay for 6 weeks.

i get a 30 day visa on arrival in savarnaphum and was hoping if i could get a 2 weeks extension in Jomtien

but i only see posts here that you can get only a 1 week (7 days) extension in Jomtien

so is it possible to prolong for 2 weeks or not ?

Greetings

Sacretagent

HI,

i would arrive next week in Thailand and would like to stay for 6 weeks.

i get a 30 day visa on arrival in savarnaphum and was hoping if i could get a 2 weeks extension in Jomtien

but i only see posts here that you can get only a 1 week (7 days) extension in Jomtien

so is it possible to prolong for 2 weeks or not ?

Greetings

Sacretagent

you dont get a visa on arrival, you get a visa exemption..ie. you dont need a visa for a 1 month stay

if you wanna stay for 6 weeks apply for a tourist visa in your home country which will alllow you to stay 2 months, this visa can then be extended in Jomtien soi 5 for another additional 1 month stay at a cost of 1900baht. :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

The VISA exemption is the new name for the VISA on arrival, along with the new all singing all dancing Hull Consulate website.

Gone are the downloadable application / information forms, replaced by such gems as a (soon to be constructed) 'land of smiles' section.

Here's a quote from the new website:

Non-Immigrant Visa

A foreigner applies for a non-immigrant visa when he/she wants to stay or work in Thailand.

Has this guy lost it or what?

Peace. :001_Thank_You5:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

If you do a visa run to Cambodia just before or on the day your 30 day visa expires it will give you an extra 15 days costs 2000 Baht plenty of places around Pattaya that do them.

Gives you an opportunity to get some duty frees as well.

Al.

Al is correct. Even if you have an expired visa or a visa on arrival, they will still issue a 15day extension for you. The cost for that ranges from company to company but averages about 2,000baht for the trip, plus eats up a day of your trip. Tourist visa cost from your consulate, free. So, it might be a bit worthwhile if you want to relish that extra day that could be spent in Patts or BKK, and save the $50 and change if your close to a consulate.

Your trip is already happened probably, but if someone has a decent amount of time prior to the trip, if you mail your passport to the Thai consulate in your home country, and include a Fedex envelope, they will mail it back to you. If your close to the consulates or short on time, just stop on down there. The fee for a rush visa is $20, and with the tourist visa concession until March 2010, that still saves you $30 and a day of riding around.