IGNORED

Need a hotel on Sukhumvit between Soi 17 and 19 near Robinsons stores

alarsaa

hi mongers,

i m just staying in bangkok for one night before heading back to pattaya so any suggestion for a hotel on sukhumvit near robinsons between soi 17 and 19, price below 1500 BHT plus breakfeast

hi mongers,

i m just staying in bangkok for one night before heading back to pattaya so any suggestion for a hotel on sukhumvit near robinsons between soi 17 and 19, price below 1500 BHT plus breakfeast

City Lodge on Soi 19. Basic, but should meet your needs and very handy to BTS and subway. On corner of Sukh and Soi 19.

Cheers, Y

Al: City Lodge is just OK. It was a good option 5 years ago, but a lot of new hotels have opened. I found it noisy and a little dated. Certainly cheap enough right now. There's a lot of much nicer places across the street on 16 & 18 in your price range (Merises, Citadines, Somerset Lake, Darjelling). I assume you can walk a 100 yards. Ask BM Tim, what's on sale now. http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Darjeeling_Boutique_Hotel/index.htm Good Luck; wj

Al: City Lodge is just OK. It was a good option 5 years ago, but a lot of new Hotels have opened. I found it noisy and a little dated. Certainly cheap enough right now. There's a lot of much nicer places across the street on 16 & 18 in your price range (Merises, Citadines, Somerset Lake, Darjelling). I assume you can walk a 100 yards. Ask BM Tim, what's on sale now. http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/thailand/bangkok/accom/Darjeeling_Boutique_Hotel/index.htm Good Luck; wj

Agree with WJ,

Many better hotels now.

You may want to check out S Sukhumvit Suites, Merissess 16, Darjelling etc.

Cannot go wrong with them. All around 1300 Baht per night now.

Tim

Legacy Suites, Le Felix hotel, just to name a few. There is such a massive selection of hotels from Soi19-23 its amazing. Hope you find something that suits your taste and price range my friend.

Pay a little more and stay at the Swiss Grottino. For one night only it's not worth to save a few hundred Bath. It's located in the street right behind Robinsons

Pay a little more and stay at the Swiss Grottino. For one night only it's not worth to save a few hundred Bath. It's located in the street right behind Robinsons

Good idea, SG's great if you don't need a gym and a pool. For $50 or so, I'd take the Somerset Lake on 16 all day though. Gym, pool, huge rooms with a nice little balcony, WD, fridge, etc. Or, I'd walk a little bit and grab the Admiral Premier on 23. I like everything about that place and Tim's selling it for 16 or 1700 right now. Best deal in town IMO. ps: Tim what do you think of the new President Palace ? They've got some sweet opening deals. wj

Good idea, SG's great if you don't need a gym and a pool. For $50 or so, I'd take the Somerset Lake on 16 all day though. Gym, pool, huge rooms with a nice little balcony, WD, fridge, etc. Or, I'd walk a little bit and grab the Admiral Premier on 23. I like everything about that place and Tim's selling it for 16 or 1700 right now. Best deal in town IMO. ps: Tim what do you think of the new President Palace ? They've got some sweet opening deals. wj

Wj,

Agree with you. Admiral Premier is the best place at this price. In a different league to Swiss Grottino etc.

I think The President Palace is pretty good. Its newish and in a good area. Not too deep in t he soi and decent accomodation. Although rooms are pretty small.

Tim