IGNORED

What are prices like in Pattaya?

Glenn A

How much would a decent meal and a bottle of beer cost from a bar in Pattaya? I have checked a few websites and they seem to quote prices for Bangkok, which will be more expensive. Also might it be still be true that short time costs 500 baht and long time costs 1000 baht?

If you have a look at this link for the Pattaya Beer Garden they show

thier menu and prices that should give you an idea

http://www.pattayabeergarden.com/

In regards to prices at beer bars im hoping you will find ST for 500 plus BF and 1000 LT

this is what i have always paid in the past sometimes a bit more in ST depends how much i want the girl

im back in Nov this year but i will haggle with the girls if they start at a high price if they wont come

downn then will move on to the next bar lol

Hope it helps

If you have a look at this link for the Pattaya Beer Garden they show

thier menu and prices that should give you an idea

http://www.pattayabeergarden.com/

In regards to prices at beer bars im hoping you will find ST for 500 plus BF and 1000 LT

this is what i have always paid in the past sometimes a bit more in ST depends how much i want the girl

im back in Nov this year but i will haggle with the girls if they start at a high price if they wont come

downn then will move on to the next bar lol

Hope it helps

Thankyou, and I have checked that you get 56 baht to the pound. Sure beats Europe.

Thankyou, and I have checked that you get 56 baht to the pound. Sure beats Europe.

I will be changing my cash when i arrive as usually get a couple more to the pound so think it may tip upto 60b in Nov

Still one hell of a lot cheaper than Europe where this awful single currency has made Spain almost as expensive as England and even Greece is approaching our prices. My mate Dave is going out to Greece again this year and he says the only reason for going is the weather as a pint is nearly the same as England now. However, for single men like me I can dream about prices of beer and food being the same as they were in 1982, which Thailand has to offer.

the avarage price for a feed is about 400bt...

Where are you eating? :Grin_Jump1:

From the street carts:

1. Barbeque (pork, chicken, beef, sticky rice) = 10 baht per stick / portion.

2. Thai meal (pad thai, pad seeyou, green curry) = 30-40 baht.

3. Chicken donner (don't eat under any circumstances) = 60 baht.

From Thai 'restaurants':

Example - Som Tum, Pad Seeyou, Lab Moo, 2 cokes = 150 baht.

Although PBG (V large portions) = 100 baht per meal.

Falang food:

English breakfast = 90-200 baht.

KFC Duo meal (I always eat for 2 :GoldenSmile1: ) = 250 baht.

BK / McD's same same above.

Fish n Chips = ?

Indian Curry = ?

Falang restaurant:

Falang prices! :stargate002:

the beer 60bt the closer you get to walking street the more pricey it gets.but the show is worth it but the 7 11 price stayes the same.

Beer bars, Heinekin 80 baht now, after GVT tax increase. Agree Walking St expensive, esp. some Gogo bars.

Heineken, Soi 7/8 (to name a few) during happy hour = 40/50 baht.

711 - Big Tiger / small Heineken 50 baht, Smirnoff Ice / Bacardi Breezer 60 baht.

I will be changing my cash when i arrive as usually get a couple more to the pound so think it may tip upto 60b in Nov

Fingers & toes crossed. :ThankGod1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

for a good sit down meal 400 is about right that may be a beer in that to.last year i was paying 60 bt per beer in soom bars but i dont drink fake german beer that is for chang beer.i do eat from street carts but only in the day time the price is good and so is the food.but my price is for falang food not thai.

I have a thai gf so most of my meals are in the 50 baht bracket... I find I get less of an upset tummy if I stay away from farang food. Ive been in some of the kitchens that serve farang food and honestly its a god damn disgrace. With the thai food, its fresh and cooked in front of you. Sure, you may not have a taste for chicken lips now, but give it time :Beer:

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

I have a thai gf so most of my meals are in the 50 baht bracket... I find I get less of an upset tummy if I stay away from farang food. Ive been in some of the kitchens that serve farang food and honestly its a god damn disgrace. With the thai food, its fresh and cooked in front of you. Sure, you may not have a taste for chicken lips now, but give it time :Clap1:

When in Rome, or Pattaya, do as the Romans do. I for one would much rather eat local food than chance my stomach on a farang meal that the chef isn't experienced in cooking. After all, why go to Thailand for a bag of chips when there are two chip shops down the road?

3. Chicken donner (don't eat under any circumstances) = 60 baht.

lol i love those , always grab one on the way home in the evening (but my stomach is cast iron teflon coated) :Clap1:

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

http://www.gregskitchenpattaya.com/index.htm

The above has a menu and is a perfect example of farang prices for farang food. His portions are bloody huge.

You can eat for a fraction of that if you so wish. I tend to have one decent meal a day. But you can easily have a days grub for as little as 200B if you wanted to. I would say budget for 500B for the day, will see you alright.

If you have a BG in tow budget for her as well, most will stick to their Isaan stuff, cheap as chips. Every now and again you will bar fine a twat who loves peppered steak ......... shit happens :Clap1:

Wha's like us?

Played Golf the other day on a brilliant course in excellent condition, had a real fun caddie and golf cart all in for 1020 baht, less than 20 quid.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hSW1wHDQwE8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hSW1wHDQwE8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/hSW1wHDQwE8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg