IGNORED

Cambodia Visa Run

mai

I am on a 30 day tourist visa - this enquiry might not apply to those on long term visas.

I am interested in the 2000B visa run to Cambodia (it says ....include visa fee - but what visa does it mean??? - the 14 day thai visa is free anyway!)

I need to know..............will i have to buy a 20usd stick-in Cambodian visa OR

1)is it just a case of getting my thai exit stamp, and turning straight back around and coming back into Thailand

2)do i go to Cambodian immigration and get just a stamp (free?)

A few months ago I saw a guy (long termer) on the minibus to had Lek (Trat border) obviously tring to do the border run on the cheap. When he got to Cambodia, they made him buy a tourist visa (20 usd - in fact they rip you off and actually charge 1100 thb.

I asked in a travel agent about this and he just grinned and said 'no pay Cambodian visa'. But I would like to hear off someone that has actaully done it - and not been charged.

It costs to get into Cambodia (visa)The 2,000 baht is made up of transport to & from Cambodia + Cambodian visa.

You can do it on your own simple enough. 150 baht bus..exit stamp Thai side. Pay for visa Cambodian side, walk back into Thailand.

If thats the case its a great deal............

because cambodian immigration normally charge people 1100 baht for tourist visa , meaning that you are getting Pattaya - Had Lek return for 900 baht.

And even if the company is paying the cambodians the standard 20usd for the visa (700 baht), you are getting the trip for 1300baht -NOT BAD considering half the travel agents charge 800-850 bht one way to Had Lek.

Note the bus is a 5-5.5 hour nightmare stopping, and usually changes, at Rayong and Chantaburi.

The alternative DIY way is the minibus to Trat (4-5 hrs) with annoying stop(s) at Ban Phe and the Pattaya pick-ups, then wait around up to half hour in Trat for next minibus to had Lek (border), which takes 1 hr 15mins.

So the direct VIP from pattaya - Had Lek (I expect 5 hrs all-in) is appealing.

Thanks for the info

You can do it on your own simple enough. 150 baht bus..exit stamp Thai side. Pay for visa Cambodian side, walk back into Thailand.

So all in all thats about £25 all in,not too bad.

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

The last time I did a VISA run in May, I used Cambodia Travel in Soi Buakhow, opposite Sweethearts Bar. The door to door service was 1900 baht all in and I was back in Pattaya before 3pm.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

5.5 hours on a mini bus sounds like hell.

Unless you are on a tight budget, why not fly Air Asia to PP and sample some kymer puss for a few days.

I'm suprised at the amount of monger on here that have never been to PP.

I like my time in PP it's a big rush and in some ways better to me than Patts.

Edited by luckyphil91

Yip did the same as luckyphil91 , well worth a night down in PP, go shoot an ak47 ,see the killing fields , then hit sharkys bar at night lol

i stayed at the paragon on the river front, sure it was about 15 dollars, small rooms but nice and clean.

• 1 month later...

The last time I did a VISA run in May, I used Cambodia Travel in Soi Buakhow, opposite Sweethearts Bar. The door to door service was 1900 baht all in and I was back in Pattaya before 3pm.

What city do you go to in Cambodia on this trip?

Yip did the same as luckyphil91 , well worth a night down in PP, go shoot an ak47 ,see the killing fields , then hit sharkys bar at night lol

i stayed at the paragon on the river front, sure it was about 15 dollars, small rooms but nice and clean.

Do they have internet?

On a side note, if you were to fly into Cambodia you have to pay $20 (+$1 if you have no passsport photo) for a Cambodia visa, then pay $20 (or was it 25?) when you leave as an airport tax. I got a visa from the Thai embassy in Cambodia. They told me they offer only single entry visa. I offered to pay for a double entry but they wouldn't budge.

Scout

You don't go to any city on this trip. You go to a border crossing, get your exit stamp, cross over into Cambodia, get a 28-day Cambodian visa, then immediately cross back into Thailand and get a Thai entry stamp. It's basically a job creation scheme to provide income for some remote border village communities.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men