IGNORED

Melbourne to BKK via KL Airport

Big Yuley

Hi all...

Travelling to Bangkok on Wednesday via KL and need to get connecting plane to BKK

I have never been to KL airport so I was wondering if anybody else has travelled to BKK via KL and what the deal is

I see arrivals on 3rd floor and departures on 5th floor

Silly question I know, but is there a simple transit in KL to go straight up to departure lounge to connecting flight?? or do i have to go through customs in KL, pick up luggage and re check in for next flight to BKK....

I know its silly but as I said never been to KL so just asking

Cheers

Big Yuley

Depends who you're flying with mate.

If its the same airline or a codeshare you will (should) get two boarding passes when you check in at Mel - Mel/KL and KL/Bkk.

Your bags will be checked thru to Bkk, so on arrival in KL you just transit to the appropriate gate - no Customs intervention.

Don't worry, its not that hard. Just look for the signs or ask....its a modern and user friendly airport.

Maybe should have had a look on airlines website under the heading "Transit passengers" LOL

Passengers arriving from abroad:

• With international connecting flights and boarding passes, may proceed to their departure halls directly.

If it is the same airline then when you check in they should tell you what you need to do, I guess you may be travelling with either Air Asia or Tiger.

Really need to know the flights.

Actually, if its Air Asia you will need to pass through Customs, collect your bags and check in again - all at the LCCT.

If its a major airline (Malaysian?) no need for Customs - just transit - all at KLIA.

If its a major airline to KL, then Air Asia to Bkk you not only need to clear Customs, collect bags and check in again, but change terminals from KLIA to LCCT.

Malay Airline all the way so simple transit...

cheers all

Roll on WEDNESDAY

Next month im flying with Malaysia air to KL. The flight is scheduled to arrive at 5:45am. want to catch an 8:20am air Asia flight. going by this thread I have to collect bags go through customs again. Would I have enough time?

You'd be pushing it.

You have to change terminals as well, from KLIA to LCCT...they aren't all that far apart, and I'm sure there are shuttles and stuff, but dont know how it operates.

I'm guessing Customs would be light at that time. If you can check in on line with Air Asia before you leave Melb you could make it, otherwise, there are quite a few flights during the day to Bkk. I'd get the next one for peace of mind.

Have fun.

You'd be pushing it.

You have to change terminals as well, from KLIA to LCCT...they aren't all that far apart, and I'm sure there are shuttles and stuff, but dont know how it operates.

I'm guessing Customs would be light at that time. If you can check in on line with Air Asia before you leave Melb you could make it, otherwise, there are quite a few flights during the day to Bkk. I'd get the next one for peace of mind.

Have fun.

thanks mate. that flight is actually to Penang. Had the idea of spending the day there before heading over to BKK. May give it a miss.

Cheers.