IGNORED

Emirates Help

gareth

Hi lads

I fly to thailand once every year and mostly with Emirates and am a member of the FF mile program , this year i flew in jan and got around 11,000 miles , i am flying with contintental in nov to visit relatives in the states and will be accredited around 11,000 miles , so for this year i would have a totel of 22,000 miles ,

To get an upgrade from Blue to Silver i need around another 3,000 miles .

When people i list as family members fly i receive 20% of the miles flown .

So what i am asking is , i need a few guys who are traveling THIS year with Emirates who are NOT members of the FF program who are prepared to let me list them as family members .

Maybe guys who are travelling the first time with Emirates or guys who just dont care ,

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Not to sure if it's legal but good luck :P Being Silver has two major benifits, firstly no queueing at the terminal. Just go to the business class gate. Secondly, You get to use the business class lounge in Dubai.

In the last 4 years I have had 9 free upgrades, which was very nice. I believe this is due to the number of air miles I had collected. (UK to BKK twice a year)I did traded them in for a free flight once but I prefer to amass the miles and hope for the free upgarde to business:

I am not to sure (just lazy) but I think that the class of card you have is awarded on the number of sectors flown, and not the number of miles! I would check that out.

Tip for a free upgrade hehehehe! Once you have taken off (I presume you are flying alone?) ask the head steward if it is ok for you to disembark with the business class peassengers. It used to say in thier booklet preferential disembarkation: I think this is true if you are "Silver" (Check thier web site or booklet) so you will have to wait this time. What happens is... in stead of trying to get you through all the other passengers that are standing in the isle with thier hand baggage when you land. They ask you to sit in an empty business class seat hehehehe "tada" free upgrade!! The only draw back is if there are no empty seats, but it's worth asking. Ooops the only other draw back is you have to eat your economy class meal has no business posh nosh was ordered.

Love to hear how you get on. Good luck though

• 2 weeks later...

Not to sure if it's legal but good luck :Circle_Sharks: Being Silver has two major benifits, firstly no queueing at the terminal. Just go to the business class gate. Secondly, You get to use the business class lounge in Dubai.

In the last 4 years I have had 9 free upgrades, which was very nice. I believe this is due to the number of air miles I had collected. (UK to BKK twice a year)I did traded them in for a free flight once but I prefer to amass the miles and hope for the free upgarde to business:

I am not to sure (just lazy) but I think that the class of card you have is awarded on the number of sectors flown, and not the number of miles! I would check that out.

Tip for a free upgrade hehehehe! Once you have taken off (I presume you are flying alone?) ask the head steward if it is ok for you to disembark with the business class peassengers. It used to say in thier booklet preferential disembarkation: I think this is true if you are "Silver" (Check thier web site or booklet) so you will have to wait this time. What happens is... in stead of trying to get you through all the other passengers that are standing in the isle with thier hand baggage when you land. They ask you to sit in an empty business class seat hehehehe "tada" free upgrade!! The only draw back is if there are no empty seats, but it's worth asking. Ooops the only other draw back is you have to eat your economy class meal has no business posh nosh was ordered.

Love to hear how you get on. Good luck though

its totally legal and doesnt cost anything ,

i just want to see what the lounge is like in dubai ,

though i am getting a little sad 99 views and not one offer of help

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

its totally legal and doesnt cost anything ,

i just want to see what the lounge is like in dubai ,

though i am getting a little sad 99 views and not one offer of help

Why not just buy the miles? 3,000 miles costs USD 75.

Why not just buy the miles? 3,000 miles costs USD 75.

because i need tier miles to get to silver status , bought miles don,t count as tier miles and so dont get me to silver status , only miles flown by me or people that are on my account as family members

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Good luck with your search, but this IS an internet forum where, in most cases, ANONIMITY reigns supreme. Strange request but good luck.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

• 4 weeks later...
:)

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Good luck mate - I like to fly Emirates but way too expensive this time. The business class lounge in Dubai is excellent especially for a long lay over. There are a few full recliners where you can lay flat and get a decent kip.

Off topic, but does anyone know if there are still smoking area's in Dubai airport? I'm considering flying with them, but a 3 hour stop makes me nervous. :-) Thanks