IGNORED

Your favourite Island break from Pattaya?

billybarfine

Just wondering where you go to have a break from the madness of Pattaya. I have been to Pattaya twice, the first time we took a 3 day break to Koh Samui. Stayed on Chaweng beach. Unfortunately we were hit with a 3 day monsoon so buggered it up for us really so didnt get to see much of the island. Seemed like a lot of hippies favourite place with loads of fire jugglers on the beach and partying late into the night.

DSC00280.JPGDSC00282.JPG

Last time we were in Patts we decided to take a trip to Koh Chang. Best out of the 2 in my opinion, flying round them twistie roads on a scooter from beach to beach was ace, nice and quiet where we stayed , some good little bars, found a favourite (the fat pig or something) on white sands beach. Will be making a trip there again to see if Ann works there still :)

Id like some ideas where to go in december from you guys, cheers.

mods, sorry about pic size, dont know how to resize from windows

DSC00599.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00590.JPG

DSC00609.JPG

i have only been to pattaya but going to check out koh samui and koh pangan for a half moon party in dec but koh chang looks sweet too maybe i will check that one out next time

pom rak pattaya

Nice pics - I'm a big fan of Koh Samui with its fresh sea breezes and dinner on the beach.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

stayed on koh samui last jan. after 4 weeks split between pattaya and phucket needed a chilled out week and a bit before going home , also stayed for 3 nights at hadd salad (koh pahngan) . loved both places .. this year thinking of spending chill time on koh tao .813.JPG817.JPG822.JPG823.JPG831.JPG834.JPG

• 3 months later...

WOW great pictures will have to visit :Doghouse:

gotta love the beach!!! Looks great! :)

Amazing photos! Is it easy to get to Koh Samui from Pattaya?

I can recommend Ko Chang. Paid a visit for the first time last month was impressed. It is little longer road travel to get to the ferry port across. But the car ferries are good. You can take your own transport over. Plenty of varied accomodation to choose from. Beautiful waters off the coast around the smaller islands for snorkeling and great seafood available everywhere.

Worth a visit. I will be going back that is for sure

stayed on koh samui last jan. after 4 weeks split between pattaya and phucket needed a chilled out week and a bit before going home , also stayed for 3 nights at hadd salad (koh pahngan) . loved both places .. this year thinking of spending chill time on koh tao .813.JPG817.JPG822.JPG823.JPG831.JPG834.JPG

Great pics...Looks a bit crowded though...I have not been there in 7 or 8 years...

Cheers! www.snakephoto.blogspot.com

I'll have to agree. I love Koh Samui also. It's a good break from Pattaya.

Lovely pictures posted in here, I love the beaches on Samui.

Easy to choose if you want a more relaxed (Lamai) or party/busy (Chaweng) experience.

I recommend hiring a motorcycle and take a drive around the island.

Best place to get away if you're in Pattaya would be Koh Samed. You can get there from Pattaya in less than 1 hour. Plenty of great food, nice and clean beaches, nice and cheap accomodation and pretty, pretty quiet.

Best place to get away if you're in Pattaya would be Koh Samed. You can get there from Pattaya in less than 1 hour. Plenty of great food, nice and clean beaches, nice and cheap accomodation and pretty, pretty quiet.

How is Koh Samet compared to Samui? Price for accomodation, food etc.

I've got the feeling that Samet is more relaxed. Samet is maybe more like Koh Tao (for those who have been there)?

I'm planning a short trip to Koh Chang. I've read a couple of good threads about that place.

On my next trip i'm planning to go to Koh Samet, i like to break-up my pattaya trip a bit. Will probably do Koh Chang & Koh Samui later in the year.

Thxs for the insight :001_Thank_You5: