Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Extending Non-Im O Visa ?

Geek In Asia

I got a 90 Day Non-Im O single entry visa in Manila a few weeks ago. The guy at the embassy said I could get get extended in Thailand. Has anyone done this, know how or know costs ?

You're getting a tad confused here, i think

What you actually have is a visa thats valid for upto a YEAR, but you have to inform (report to) Immigration every 90 days to keep it valid. Either that, or do visa runs every 90 days...i'm not sure which

The cost is 1900 Baht if only a report. Best thing to do is get yourself to Immigration in Jomtien about 10 days before the 90 is up and ask them what docs you need, as this depends on the reason you gave for its issue in Manilla......IE, retirement, visiting friends and family, or even marriage. There are different requirements for different cases. You also need to meet a financial requirement which, again is different, depending on your reason for applying. The money that you need to show them has to be whats called "seasoned" in Thailand. That is, it has to have ben in a Thai bank account within the Kingdom for a period of time. In the case of a 1st reporting, this seaoning is for 2 months. Subsequent repeortings and extensions need to have the money seasoned for THREE months prior. Without that in place you wont get an extension of the Non O Visa

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Hi hedonist,

I know about the one year, and this is not it. I have been traveling out ever 3 months to Philippines for a few weeks and just getting a 90 day single entry, which cost me 1,700 peso at the embassy there.

However the man at the embassy said i could just get an extension in thailand which would mean i do not have to visit the embassy again when i fly out and back.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If your visa is only single entry surely that means you can only stay for 90 days then have to renew it?

I would imagine that it would have been better to apply for a multiple entry one?

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Hi hedonist,

I know about the one year, and this is not it. I have been traveling out ever 3 months to Philippines for a few weeks and just getting a 90 day single entry, which cost me 1,700 peso at the embassy there.

However the man at the embassy said i could just get an extension in thailand which would mean i do not have to visit the embassy again when i fly out and back.

Thanks

Ah, i get what you are saying now.

You CAN extend a single entry O Visa, but only for the reasons of retirement, or marriage, and, with those 2 reasons come the financial requirements etc. Other than those two, you will only be allowed a seven day "under consideration" stamp

Like i said before, the best place to ask is at Immigration in Jomtien.

You would certainly get/have got a better "deal" with a Tourist Visa at present. Especially a multi-stay one of 90 days, which can be extended by 30 days.

BTW, are you saying you HAVE to go to The Philippines every 3 months, in order to get your visa? Or is it that you do so anyway out of choice?

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Per Thai Consulate Hull website the basic rules for non-immigrant visas are:

The Non-Immigrant Visa is available with a single entry or with multiple entries - there is nothing between these two options. The single entry visa has a validity of three months from date of issue. The multiple entry visa has a validity of twelve months from date of issue. On arrival in Thailand each entry allows a stay of maximum 90 days.

If you have been granted a Non-Immigrant Visa please note the following:-

c) With a ONE entry Non-Immigrant Visa you must ensure you enter Thailand within the validity

of the visa which will be 3 months from date of issue.

d) With a MULTIPLE entry Non-Immigrant Visa you must ensure you enter Thailand on your final

visit before expiry of the visa which will be 12 months from date of issue.

When you first arrive in Thailand and pass through Thai Immigration you will be granted a 90-day stay and you will receive a stamp in your passport giving the date you enter (ADMITTED) and the date by which you must exit (UNTIL). It is most important not to stay in Thailand beyond that exit (UNTIL) date or you will be fined when leaving the country and you could be detained. If you have a Non-Immigrant Visa with a Multiple Entries you can re-enter for as many further stays as you wish, each allowing maximum 90 days, within the validity of the visa. It is not permitted to stay continuously in Thailand for more than 90 days but with a multiple entry visa if you wish to stay in Thailand for a further 90 days it is necessary for you to visit a convenient Thai Immigration Border Control Office on about day 88 of your 90-day stay, exit Thailand and immediately re-enter to activate your next 90-day stay. You can keep doing this every 85-90 days whilst your visa remains valid. When you come to the end of your only or final 90-day stay you must leave Thailand and you cannot re-enter until you obtain a new visa. Please bear in mind it is highly unlikely that you will be able to obtain this type of visa from anywhere other than the UK.

As you are already in Thailand and on a single entry visa, you should look at the 'visa extension' section of the 'Thai Immigration' website. This states:

Extension Visa : Tourist Visa

Extension of Tourist Visa in Thailand

This is one of the most common forms of Thai Visas issued by the Thai embassies worldwide. Most Thai Tourist Visas

are either single entry, 60 days or double entry - valid for 120 days based over two legs.

Can the Thai Tourist Visa be extended?

Yes, the Tourist Visa can be extended for a period of 30 days. Once you have reached the end of your Thai Tourist Visa

near the end of the 60 days, you can have this extended in country for an additional 30 days. This at the time of writing

cost 1,900 Baht. Once this has been extended and after your 30 day extension has passed, you can do a "Visa Run",

that is go to Cambodia and return to Thailand in 1 day which would then activate your second leg of your visa IF it is a

double entry visa.

Thailand Immigration

http://

This does not seem totally clear to me; but I interpret it to mean that, at the end of 90 days, you can get a 30 day extension for 1900 baht at any immigration centre within Thailand. After that 30 days you must leave the country and obtain a new visa before you will be re-admitted.

The safest route would be to contact an immigration office in advance to confirm this.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

• 1 year later...

What paperwork do i need to to obtain non immigrant o visa in london? I am retired, and wish to stay for 90 days for holiday. ie do i have to give bank statements etc

What paperwork do i need to to obtain non immigrant o visa in london? I am retired, and wish to stay for 90 days for holiday. ie do i have to give bank statements etc

The non-immigrant visas are not designed for holidays. If you are going for 90 days it would be easier to get a tourist visa (60 days) and get a 30 day extension while you are there. If you wanted to stay a few days longer than 90 days it would be better to get a double entry tourist visa and do one border run.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

For those interested, the Thai embassy in Manila does not issue multi entry Non Imm O, the nearest place for a multi entry O is Kuala Lampur.