IGNORED

"Bush's Search Policy For Travelers Is Kept"

SmellyFarang

"Bush's Search Policy For Travelers Is Kept"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/27/AR2009082704065.html

Looks like Obama's campaign promise to better balance civil liberties with homeland security didn't last long :Cry3:

[sarcasm]

Good to see that all the violent crime in the USA has been ended so they can now focus their resouces to look for dirty pics & unlicensed media on our notebooks

[/sarcasm]

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Same news item, different spin:

The US government has outlined new guidelines on how computers and other electronic equipment will be searched when they reach the country's border.

By Jeremy Pelofsky, Reuters, 31 Aug 2009 at 08:30

Airport security

Barack Obama's administration has tried to address concerns about violating privacy and constitutional rights by creating new rules on how computers and other electronic devices will be searched when people enter the US.

http://www.itpro.co.uk/614524/us-unveils-new-border-search-laptop-rules?CMP=NLC-Newsletters&uid=c16c2a813ccb3957d8b21d05d7a8eb80

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

I've made three trips to Southeast Asia in the last year, under both administrations. I've been taken aside by customs 2 out of 3 times. Almost missed my connecting flight one of those times. It's fucking gay. I don't even bring a laptop with me because of this and I certainly don't buy any media/DVDs either.

I can't stand it. I wish America wasn't so focused on being Politically Correct and focused more on basic CRIMINAL PROFILING. They are trying to prevent and solve crimes, then they should fucking do crime fighting 101.

Edited by SoCo MoFo

Eat. Down. South.