IGNORED

Health alert as 2km stretch of Pattaya Beach found to be covered in refuse.

badboy15001

Friday 28th August 2009

Pattaya, August 28 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Thursday Afternoon, we made our way down to Pattaya Beach following reports from Tourists that the beach was covered in a blanket of refuse, When we arrived we were amazed to see the amount of rubbish which had been washed up on the beach and was floating in the sea. There was also a large amount of wooden sticks which cannot be explained at this time. A 2km stretch of the beach was covered in the refuse but this appeared not to put off some beachgoers. We contacted Pattaya City Hall who were unaware of the refuse but promised us that they would send cleaners down to the beach to remove the waste. For now, we ask you to exercise caution and suggest you do not swim in the water off Pattaya Beach until the refuse has been removed.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/august/news_28_08_52_3.shtml

wow thats not the golden beach everyone promised me :(

and with the rain I am getting that sinking feeling about my trip

pattayas beach is crap not what we go for if you want good beaches try koh samui koh chang koh samet koh larn to name a few

ps take a girl with you enjoy

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

pattayas beach is crap not what we go for if you want good beaches try koh samui koh chang koh samet koh larn to name a few

ps take a girl with you enjoy

lol

going to Karon was only half serious about the rain.

From what I hear being wet is half the fun :10of10Score:

A couple of days ago (wednesday or was it thursday)) coming back from Koh Larn there was a long trail of rubbish and brown scum floating in the sea about half way between the Island and Pattaya looked like it had come from a ship we cut right through it.

Al.

Friday 28th August 2009

Pattaya, August 28 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Thursday Afternoon, we made our way down to Pattaya Beach following reports from Tourists that the beach was covered in a blanket of refuse, When we arrived we were amazed to see the amount of rubbish which had been washed up on the beach and was floating in the sea. There was also a large amount of wooden sticks which cannot be explained at this time. A 2km stretch of the beach was covered in the refuse but this appeared not to put off some beachgoers. We contacted Pattaya City Hall who were unaware of the refuse but promised us that they would send cleaners down to the beach to remove the waste. For now, we ask you to exercise caution and suggest you do not swim in the water off Pattaya Beach until the refuse has been removed.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/august/news_28_08_52_3.shtml

From what I have witnessed feeding into it, I don't believe the water off Pattaya beach is safe to swim in at any time - with or without the extra refuse.

Maybe this should be put in the newbies section---i would say never swim in the sea near any tourist resort in Thailand --where do you think all of your toilet waste goes---yep out to sea you will be swimming in what you flushed this morning. :D

ShitHappens1.gif

• 3 weeks later...

pattaya ruels but no holiday destionation if u want cleen beaces en cleen wather.. go islands...