IGNORED

Korean Air

Jbrav007

Anyone flown Korean Air recently on one of the new aircraft? If so, how does it compare with your typical long haul aircraft.

Thanks!

The CHOCOLATE MAN

Everytime I think of staying with her, she brings a friend around and makes me reconsider

i flew korean air heathrow to cebu last december.great service and entertainment on 747 between heathrow and seoul,brand new aircraft.very impressed with seoul airport,but koreans not the friendliest race in the world.

I regularly fly Korean air from Honolulu into Incheon. The trip and service is usually very good. KAL has been upgrading their fleet of 747s so if you get on a new refurbished model, you will have your own video monitor and a bit wide seat with more legroom. I've also flown on the older versions and they pretty much suck. Seating configs are 3-4-3 and you just had the main viewing screen. THe food servered is always Bi-Bim_bap (A korean health dish consisting of rice, veggies and some ground meat). THey also serve a Korean beef mal but I've never tried it and can't comment. Last trip over to Patts, I flew a 777 out of Incheon to BKK. Nice flight, good service, everyone had their own video monitor. I like Korean Air because I think the service is faily good. The only thing that always gets me is that the flight attendants will wake a sleeping passenger to have them move their seat to the upright position when they are serving dinner...Had that happen yesterday on the way home from Incheon...KAL gets good marks from me otherwise. I've also flown Thai Airways and that was great and so is Singapore air...for ultimate service get on a JAL flight...safe travels!!

I regularly fly Korean air from Honolulu into Incheon. The trip and service is usually very good. KAL has been upgrading their fleet of 747s so if you get on a new refurbished model, you will have your own video monitor and a bit wide seat with more legroom. I've also flown on the older versions and they pretty much suck. Seating configs are 3-4-3 and you just had the main viewing screen. THe food servered is always Bi-Bim_bap (A korean health dish consisting of rice, veggies and some ground meat). THey also serve a Korean beef mal but I've never tried it and can't comment. Last trip over to Patts, I flew a 777 out of Incheon to BKK. Nice flight, good service, everyone had their own video monitor. I like Korean Air because I think the service is faily good. The only thing that always gets me is that the flight attendants will wake a sleeping passenger to have them move their seat to the upright position when they are serving dinner...Had that happen yesterday on the way home from Incheon...KAL gets good marks from me otherwise. I've also flown Thai Airways and that was great and so is Singapore air...for ultimate service get on a JAL flight...safe travels!!

Thanks Big Wave. According to the flight schedule on the Korean Air site, I will be flying on one of the new aircraft with the AVOD system. Hopefully it makes the flight go faster.

The CHOCOLATE MAN

Everytime I think of staying with her, she brings a friend around and makes me reconsider

• 2 weeks later...

They are a great airline. They fly a 777 from Washington Dulles to Seoul and the same aircraft to Bangkok. Good entertainment, great looking FAs also. I am taking them on my December trip.

I have flown with Korean a number of times from JFK and LAX and in all classes (1st, buss and economy).

Great airline.

Thanks Big Wave. According to the flight schedule on the Korean Air site, I will be flying on one of the new aircraft with the AVOD system. Hopefully it makes the flight go faster.

I checked the schedules right after the AVOD was installed; didn't change the flight time at all.