Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Route From Atlanta

scoda

What would you recommend for the most direct route to BKK from Atlanta? I was thinking of flying to LAX or JFK and taking a flight from there. If I go to LAX, I can take Thai Airways for a direct flight to BKK. It costs more but it may be worth it.

Arrival time in BKK doesn't matter because I was planning on staying a few days there before going to Pattaya.

Thanks for your help.

That's the route I usually take as it is fewer flights and more direct, IAH - LAX - BKK... Prices are too bad either... You can get cheaper flights, but you will connect somewhere and add more layover time & flight hours...

From Atlanta, you have a few choices that will incur only a single stop. As the Delta hub you can fly direct to a number of Asian cities, like Seoul or Tokyo, and from there carry on to BKK.

Just to get a sense for the possibilities, go to travelocity or expedia or one of those sites and punch in ATL to BKK.

I am not too far from you, in Miami, where that LAX stopover is my only possibility of a 1-stop flight. But sometimes a 2-Stop route through Atlanta is the best deal I can find from here.

LM

Go with Korean Air. Good airline that has one-stop service from ATL. ATL-ICN-BKK and return. ICN has been rated the top airport in the world by SkyTrax the past 5 years.

www.kayak.com easily best airfare sight I've ever used.

If it flies, floats or f's....Rent It!!

www.kayak.com easily best airfare sight I've ever used.

Not to disagree....OK, I'm gonna disagree. Right now, airline websites are cheaper than consolidator sites like kayak. There are so many airline website deals for travel it's ridiculous. Sites like kayak have certain buckets of fares available but the airlines are keeping the absolute bottom-level fares on their own websites.

Doing research for my trip, I used kayak to gauge the airfare market then visited each airline's site. 8 of the 10 airlines I looked at had cheaper fares than kayak listed. The other 2 had the same fare kayak posted. For instance, these were two of the prices I wrote down in my research from LAX R/T:

Kayak - $660 in coach, $3400 in business

EVA - $580/$2750

Kayak - $670/$3600

China Airlines - $575/$2800

Kayak - $780/$5300

ANA - $660/$3300

I suggest using a site like kayak to see what their fares are, but you are probably going to do better going to the airline's website for booking.

• 2 weeks later...

What would you recommend for the most direct route to BKK from Atlanta? I was thinking of flying to LAX or JFK and taking a flight from there. If I go to LAX, I can take Thai Airways for a direct flight to BKK. It costs more but it may be worth it.

Arrival time in BKK doesn't matter because I was planning on staying a few days there before going to Pattaya.

Thanks for your help.

I'd also go with ATL LAX BKK if I were you. I'll add one tidbit though. If you've never flown into LAX, build some extra time into your schedule as the terminals are not connected by train like you have at Hartsfield. Delta/NWA flies into Terminal 5 and Thai is in Bradley Int'l Terminal which means that you will either hop on a shuttle and go around the airport again or walk back 2 terminals. (20 bus ride or 15 minute walk)

Pack light

I fly from New Orleans through ATL on Delta on my trips....ATL to Japan to BKK or through Korea...one stop...easy flight.

I would take Korean Air, if they have a direct flight out of Atlanta. I live in Washington DC and on my last trip I went to LA and then took China Airlines. Never ever again! The layovers were brutal. In December I am taking a non stop flight on Korean Air to Seoul and then on to Bangkok. I leave on the 23rd around 1;30 and get into BKK at 9:10 on the 24th. I will return on the 13th. I only paid $1,150 for the ticket.

I fly from New Orleans through ATL on Delta on my trips....ATL to Japan to BKK or through Korea...one stop...easy flight.

Jimmy,

I think you're missing the one key element.

The route through LA is still one stop from ATL. The flight from LA is LAX --> BKK non-stop. In your case coming from New Orleans, it would mean elimination of an additional layover as you'd fly United from MSY to LAX non-stop on United and then take Thai non-stop to BKK.