IGNORED

Pattaya To Phnom Phen

ian2009

Im off to pattaya again, but not till March,2010 But Im thinking of going to phnom penn and spending a week there as well, Has anyone made the journey? If you have I would really appreciate some info,Im wonder if there`s a train or is it a pain in the ass!!

definatly no train..air asia from bangkok would be your best bet...can be got for 2500 baht

you could get the bus to snooky and then a bus up to pp...would take a full day at least :)

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

definatly no train..air asia from bangkok would be your best bet...can be got for 2500 baht

you could get the bus to snooky and then a bus up to pp...would take a full day at least :)

looks like its the plane then.

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

You can also take a bus. I recently returned from PP. It took 12hours and $35 for an organized trip. I think you can knock $5 to $10 if you book the two or three segment by yourself. It saved the $25 departure tax from the PP airport and the sceney was nice. Other than a short crowded mini bus ride in the Thai side, it was an enjoyable day.

I had a great time there, but I think a week is too long to stay. i'd happily go back for 2 or 3 days, so interesting places to visit in the days and some good bars at night. Never tried the ladies there, so can't comment on that, but I'd only go by plane, did a bus last time and ached for days afterwards

babydollsaddict.gif

Does anybody have more information on where or how you get a bus from Pattaya to Sihanoukville ?

I would like to know about this as well,anyone?

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

• 4 weeks later...

Would only consider the journey by plane. Unfortunately can only go from Bangkok and the flight times are always over 8 hours apart from anything arriving from Europe. It's a nightmare to arrange a flight from UK to P.P unless you arrange a 'stop-over' in Bangkok. Would suggest a trip to Pattaya first then 3-4 days in P.P via BKK. Flights are about 2500 baht. Well worth the trip. Bit like Pattaya 20 years ago.

I would like to know about this as well,anyone?

bus from pattaya to the border ( about 500 baht ) then taxi to koh kong ( a few dollars ). then bus from ko kong to snooky ( cant remember how much ).

we stayed a night in ko ko kong which i dont recommend.

bus from pattaya to the border ( about 500 baht ) then taxi to koh kong ( a few dollars ). then bus from ko kong to snooky ( cant remember how much ).

we stayed a night in ko ko kong which i dont recommend.

Except the bus to S'ville doesn't go 'til next morning so............

We just did all this (again) 2 weeks ago.

Search Phnom Penh or start at my post # 11 here and you'll know all you need to.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44810-phnom-phen/page__p__697234entry697234

.................................Flights are about 2500 baht. Well worth the trip. Bit like Pattaya 20 years ago.

The fares vary by day of the week but a return is more like 6000 at present.

Then add on taxis each end plus PNH airport exit tax $25.

Then add together all the time including check in and possible delays and the bus can be bearable (and a lot more interesting) at the much lower cost.

You can still get to PNH or S'ville in a day (follow post above).

Pattaya - Trat minibus 300 bht - 500 bht 7.30 - 11.30

Trat - Border (Had Lek) minibus 120 bht 1hr15min (may have to wait up to 45 min to depart, depends it leaves when full)

Border - Koh Kong motorbike taxi 100 bht 15 mins

then..............

Koh Kong - Phnon Penh taxi 15 usd 5hr

Koh Kong - Sinoukville taxi 10 usd 4hr

Taxi is only option as buses depart 8am morning.

Taxis often put 4 in the back and one in front. Front seat will be extra 5-10 usd. Or, insist you only go if he puts max. of 3 in the back.

Koh Kong only worth staying in if you like dirty bamboo hut brothels. Otherwise get out asap. Sinoukville also has these brothels anyway.

NOTE - if you go to PP, you could end up paying 40 bucks on this trip, and double that for private taxi. In which case you'd be better flying in (book ahead for airasia deals). No visa rip offs at airport (20 usd tourist visa, cash machines give out the dollars you need) whereas at land border you get ripped off 13usd [they charge 1100 bht for 20usd visa].

So, best advice : Fly into Cambodia and bus/minibus combination out from Sinoukville (if flying out need to add 25 usd tax, not included in airasia prices). Bus/minibus advertised as 25 usd, but often can be bought for around 20 usd. Purchase this at the bus staion in Sinoukville.

Best plan :

Fly BKK-PP, airasia : avoid expensive taxis from KohKong-PP OR having to spend night in KK, rip offs on visa at border, slow minbuses to Trat due to several stops, waiting at Trat for next minibus to Had lek (border), waiting for the taxi to PP to fill up (and having to sit with 4 in the back unless you pay extra). All of this is likely to cost you 40-60 usd depending on your negotiating skills & how to source cheap minibus ticket in Pattaya 9range from 300-600 bht).......... and if you want private taxi from KK-PP it will probably cost between 100-120 usd.

Return Sinoukville-Pattaya : Use bus/minibus combination. Buy at bus station in Sinououk for 20-25 usd. Bus right up to border, minibus to Pattaya. Easy.

Note: if you like chicken farms, Sinouk has one anyway.............don't bother staying at KK.

• 1 month later...

I would recomment you to use the Airplane. It is not very expensive and you safe a lot of time. And what you have to think is, that if you go back to Thailand by bus (overland) you only become 14 Days Visa. If you fly and arrive at the airport you become a 30 Days Visa on Arrival.. which needs to be considered as well... For Airplane there are many flights from Bangkok to Phnom Phen per day. Have a look at Air Asia if you prefer little bit more confort, then use Bangkok Airways....

greetz

• 2 weeks later...

You have to be careful in Sinoukville, I have been twice with a couple of mates and both times one of was scamed hiring motor bikes, the usual scam, fo;;ow you then nick the bike and try ripping you off about not having insurance, so just be careful out there folks.