IGNORED

Finair

pockets88

has anybody flown with finair there are offering flights for just under £500 for next march etihad were offering around the same but they just put the price up by £100, etihad had a free bar free food movies etc does finair offer the same?

i have just being to canada and i could not beleive they charged £2.00 for a coffee one rubbish in flight movie that you had to pay for headphones to listen to

any recomendations for other airlines will be welcome

has anybody flown with finair there are offering flights for just under £500 for next march etihad were offering around the same but they just put the price up by £100, etihad had a free bar free food movies etc does finair offer the same?

i have just being to canada and i could not beleive they charged £2.00 for a coffee one rubbish in flight movie that you had to pay for headphones to listen to

Never heard of such a thing.

That won't happen on Finnair anyway. They have everything you'd expect in terms of food, drinks, movies and music.

Blanket, pillow and water bottle. Just like any other companay I've used.

You won't be in a Boeing 747, they use a smaller model, the MD11

Edited by karma

Flew Finair Helsinki to Beijing in July. MAybe I'm putting on weight but the seats seemed slightly smaller.

Servive was good as was in flight entertainment in seat back TV's. Food - average

Edited by zilly

LOL sounds about right ! All Canadian Airlines are Shit , they dont have fooking clue what service is . Too much goverment regulation has given 2 airlines a monoploy on the airline service here .

I flew with Finair many years ago

Manchester to Helsinki and then Helsinki to Bangkok.

I thought that they were OK

The only thing I didnt like was that I was in transit at Helsinki for 4 hours before flying onto Bangkok. I don't know if it's still the same now

Flown with them many times in Europe, but never to LOS. Bear in mind it will take you the best part of 3 hours to get to Helsinki from London, then add on waiting time in a relatively small and boring airport.

Finnair is renewing their longdistance fleet so the old MD-11 are beeing replaced by Airbus 340 I think or was it 330 anyway make a test reservation on their site and it tells what aircraft. If you fly March 2010 they allready should operate the airbus units between Helsinki and Bangkok.

Always hope people start to use Finnair air it is quite good flight route they got. I have been twice with em to Bangkok from Helsinki.

Enjoy!

it's one of the best airlines in terms of security... it's one of the few who never had people losses (excuse my english) The flight was OK and between the meals you can buy some instant soup or sweets as you wish. The rest was free so you dont need to pay for drinks... All in one I would do it again if I have no direct flight with Thai...

• 2 months later...

Finnair was selling return tickets from Helsinki to Bangkok to Helsinki last summer at the price of 442 euros (380 GBP/ 640 USD). That's about the lowest price I've ever seen for a flight from Europe to LOS.

Their website is pretty cool, as you can check prices and book flights with their reservation system. I guess other companies have something similar too, but I've experienced some difficulties, slow webpage loading, "cannot process your request at the moment" etc.

Info about other companies who offer good services and low prices through internet would be nice to hear.

My experience with Finnair is good value for money. You fly in the right direction with the connectiong flight from any airport in Europe and reduce the total travel time that way. You stretch the legs in Helsinki for 1 Hour and off you go. lugadge arrives in BKK together with you. Used to be best price.

Now I get Thai Air direct even cheaper.

I have been flying with them for 5-6 times now,and the only backside is that you DO have to pay fr drinks on the plane(that is if you drink alcohol)

I think it was about 5 Euros for a wee little whiskey.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Fin air is good & I flew LHR to Helsinki & 2.5 hours later was in the MD11 & of to BKK.

Nice service & seats.

China air is good along with Emirates.

Direct is more expensive but the 2 I like & use is Thai & Eva.

Jet airways has come to light with cheap prices & they stop for less than 2 hours in Bombay or Mumbai as it is called now.

IMO next year the airlines will feel the credit crunch & melt down more & amazing offers will come our way.

£100 OR £200 saved on the flight is alot of money to enjoy your self in Pattaya.

I believe the name is Finnair. At least this can be read on the side of the plane. Very complicated word to write.

Just now a warning for all; Pilots can strike from 16th Nov. Negotiations still going on, today is one critical day. They seem to be slightly positive. Can be delayed. And some hints show it can be a very long strike too. So really cannot know for sure what will happen.

I have flown with Finnair 3 times, last time in September 2009. Service is good, they leave and arrive on time, they have the very best safety record, but for HEL-BKK they still use the old MD-11. They have an easy on-line check inn from 36 hours before take off.

In August-September I payed 450 EUR return incl. connection in Europe. Compared to other airlines in Europe that makes it an excellent deal.

They serve free food, a good meal with 2 choises, with the food they give you beer or wine, or booth if you ask. All kind of spirits is 5 EUR for 5 cl. Softdrinks is served during the hole flight. There is no inflight entertainment in front seat, just a few commen monitors of poor quality where they show 3 new films during the 10 hour flight. Flying over Helsinki makes a fast route to Bangkok.

Flying Econnomy Class, I will recommend Finnair, and I find it better than BA, Lufthansa, SAS and Thai.

Nothing in Thailand is 100% sure.

Finnair's MD-11 fleet is being replaced with A330s during this winter. One of the two daily flights to Bangkok is already operated with A330.

ive flown once with finnair about 2 years ago and they were much the same as any other airline. food was adequate drink was free at that point and entertainment was fine.

the only issue i had was the 4 hour stop over on the way back.

helsinki airport must be the most soul destroying depressing airport in the world there is absolutely nothing dto do or see and its almost silent,if you had a 5 hour wait you would be swinging from a lampost.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm flying with finnair on July 22nd and returning aug 17 from Manchester to Bangkok with a stop at helsinki.I must say the times of the flights are superb and only 1.5 hour stop in Helsinki.just enough time to stretch the legs.

normally every year I book a flight around these times and the price is always around £600 which I don't mind paying.so I set about searching the net to find my best price.anyway I get a price up for £580 which I didn't think was bad.found it was with finnair and thought I just try there site directly.see what price they offer.I always have done this with etihad.emirates etc and is always more exspensive.well too my suprise.finnair offered the flight to me for £505 all in.happy days.flights booked.job done.

I flew with them in November 2008 Zurich-Helsinki-Bangkok.

The plane and the service were good but the food was far below average.

But if you are not a millionaire you choose the airline mainly for the price, don`t you?

And at that time they offered the best price.

Their service was put on a test when the airport in Bangkok got blocked.

The information on their internet site was very good and always up to date.

I had to check it some days in a row, so I know.

One day they mentioned the number of a hotline for getting on a waiting list for return flights.

It it took me 3 days and countless tries to get through on this hotline.

But when I got through, they were very friendly and everything went perfect.

The Thailand ministry for tourism payed for an extra night and dinner at a 5star hotel in Bangkok.

And the next day in the morning a fleet of busses went from the hotel to Phukket airport.

That was a long ride!

In Phukket it was unfortunately not possible to check the language through to Zurich.

Heaven knows why... I was close to missing my connecting flight in Helsinki.

Finally I returned home a few days too late but safely.

Their service in this extraordinary situation was good but not perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve been flying mostly on finnair. Last flight was at summer with B747, 3hours, it was just quick flight to Rhodes. And year ago I flought to Phuket, it was a long flight (10h) but fortunately plane was A330-300, two warm foods and movies to watch. 4th january it´s time to fly again with Finnair, this time to Pattaya and plane will be A340-300. Let´s just hope the flight goes well and there wont be any problems :001_Thank_You5:

I was curios when I read this topic. It really is written Finnair. Most Finns say that Finnair is expensive, but here some of you said that Finnair is cheap, funny how things go ;)

And what I think of Finnair. I would say it´s average, well security/safety is very good. My flight´s has allways been ontime (crossing fingers now). Food ain´t best, but eatable, and I wish the portions would be larger, but it´s airplane so you can´t get all you can eat buffets :)

And one more thing about Finnair. Just a week ago there was strike on airport worker, luggage-carriers, so it jummed some luggages to Helsinki-Vantaa airport, now they are working again and let´s hope that they won´t go striking again :)