IGNORED

Mantra Pura

fallensaint

I've just been looking at the rates available and last minute have rooms for 1000 and suites for 1500 p/night.

Has anybody stayed here?

I know its a little out of the way, but at that price it may be too good to miss.

Also any idea if they have any joiner fees and are they girl friendly?

Thanks for any advice.

Stu

It was girl-friendly when I stayed there 2006.

The reception was asking for the ID if the girl was not known but no extra charge.

I was quite satisfied with the 1-bedroom suite (design and space).

It is a bit far away from the action but the hotel offered a shuttle if it wasn't out of order :-)

At least it took me to Beach Road where it was easy to catch a Baht Bus.

In the night time it was sometimes a hassle although finally never a problem to get a ride back.

I.e. negotiation with the drivers were necessary and sometimes they asked for up to 200 Baht.

The biggest problem was that the hotel wasn't well known to the drivers but this might have changed now.

• 1 month later...

It was girl-friendly when I stayed there 2006.

The reception was asking for the ID if the girl was not known but no extra charge.

I was quite satisfied with the 1-bedroom suite (design and space).

It is a bit far away from the action but the hotel offered a shuttle if it wasn't out of order :-)

At least it took me to Beach Road where it was easy to catch a Baht Bus.

In the night time it was sometimes a hassle although finally never a problem to get a ride back.

I.e. negotiation with the drivers were necessary and sometimes they asked for up to 200 Baht.

The biggest problem was that the hotel wasn't well known to the drivers but this might have changed now.

I agree. I stayed over there in September 2009 in both rooms, Suite and Deluxe. They don`t charge a joinerfee for one (the first) girl, but for the second they charge 500Bht.

The Suite is very good, but every lady is shocked, when visiting you in the first time. 80sqm is a lot. Everything is clean and had function. The Suites from floor 2-4 are with a jacuzzi inside. In the 1. floor no Jacuzzi, but direct entrance to the wonderful, stylish, pool. Kitchen without oven is inside, same in the Deluxeroom.

The Deluxerooms have 40sqm and are without a livingroom, second TV and ac. But with a wooden Bathtub. Each room comes with a DVD Player, free Wlan and Lan, complimentary coffee and the best bed i ever have had in Thailand.

A wonderful Spa with Whirlpool, seperate locker room, sauna and a modern gym is also integrated in the Mantra Pura.

The service is also good, but swometimes a little bit slowly.

Pool View from the Suite

post-29399-125451841235_thumb.jpg

Kitchen in the Suite

post-29399-125451845938_thumb.jpg

Kitchenview from the livingroom

post-29399-125451849591_thumb.jpg

Livingroom

post-29399-125451852032_thumb.jpg

post-29399-125451854698_thumb.jpg

post-29399-125451856773_thumb.jpg

post-29399-125451858941_thumb.jpg

post-29399-125451858941_thumb.jpg