IGNORED

700 Baht Guest House

Bored_N_Iraq

Just thought I would share a cheap place in Bangkok close to Nana I found. It is very comfortable and the best thing about the place is the COLD A/C and EXCELLENT Wi-FI. In fact the wi-fi is so awesome I have been watching movies online, because there are no TV's in the room.

The Guest House is conviently located 3 mins from NANA Plaza and is right on the BTS which can take you to Cowboy in 5 mins or walk it in 15 mins. The place is very clean and cant beat the price of 700 baht a night. Owner gave me special price on 630 baht since I was staying 21 days. There is reading material in the rooms in case you get bored with no TV. Very guest friendly. Heres the deal breaker...there is a bar(with country and rock and roll BAND) next to the guest house that plays until 2-3am, so if you are go to bed early I would NOT recommend this guest house. Doesnt bother me because I stay out until that time anyways and sleep till 12pm...lol. The picture of the pool was at the Ambasador hotel which is on Soi 9 one block down the street. I bought a 1 month membership there for the Gym, Sauana and Pool for 500 baht!

Downstairs you can get a Thai massage for 150 baht, Beauty Salon and many street vendors. The Beer Garden is 10 meters where there a lot of freelancers hanging out and has a chill atmosphere. Gullivers bar and grill/hotel is right around the corner loaded with freelancers. Foodland is 50 meters where you can buy grocery and have a great meal prepared right in front of you for 60 baht. The BTS sky train is 60 meters from your door. Cant beat the location and price of this place....but beware of loud music starting at 1700-0300...:GoldenSmile1:

I looked at a lot of guest houses around the area and most were 700-1000 baht. Many had no wi-fi but nicer rooms. I normally stay at The Dawin but didnt want to pay the 1780 a night cause I am trying to stick to a budget this trip. Here is the website if you want to look http://www.ecosea.com/eco/HTM/Thai%20House%20Inn%20Bangkok%20Guesthouse.htm

beer garden.jpg

guest house.jpg

nana entrance bts.jpg

soi 7.jpg

stairs.jpg

girl.jpg

pool ambassador.jpg

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very cheap 150bhrt for a thai massage am impressed.....

YES! 150 baht for a Thai massage. A foot massge will run you 300...IMO I like the foot massages better anyways. My 3 friends from Iraq just got finished staying there and they liked it. No TV is the only complaint, but like I said before bring your computer because the internet is blazing fast..even wi-fi.

• 1 month later...

YES! 150 baht for a Thai massage. A foot massge will run you 300...IMO I like the foot massages better anyways. My 3 friends from Iraq just got finished staying there and they liked it. No TV is the only complaint, but like I said before bring your computer because the internet is blazing fast..even wi-fi.

This is ideal if you're after budget accommodation in sukhumvit although the rooms and carpets have seen better days. Guess you can't complain since it's only 700bhat per night.

Good to hear they've got the wi-fi working..it wasn't the case back in May.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone stayed or passed by this place lately? I am returning tommorrow and my friend told me they turned the massage area into a full bar? Just wondering how quite it was in the rooms considering there is already a loud bar next to it. Might have to find me another cheap one around the area. I just like stahying here cause I can walk everywhere.

• 2 months later...

this place is a shithole, and the manager (english) dont care, stayed there august 07 for 700 bht for 3 night. asked to clean room / change room, he dont cared. (damn i payed upfront, as i was tired after emirates flight)

cockroaches in the bathroom, very stinky and noisy from outside, the entrance looks like 10 buffalos had made there way through, the bed hard as rock and the blanket was really dirty

i would have prefered sleeping with the massage girls right outside, but as there was nothing to hide my valuebles, i sleeped with clothes on.

absolutly worst place i have been throughout thailand.

only good thing about this place is the location, very near beergarden + nana + BTS

• 2 weeks later...

do not stay here! fucking shit hole!

Not only is the place dirty as shit.

My biggest complaint is the massage girls. Bunch of fat rude bitches. Every time you take a girl to your room you have to walk past them and they will tell your latest girl EVERYTHING SHE KNOWS ABOUT YOU in the span of 10seconds". Those rude ass bitches caused me a lot of drama with a girl.

AVOID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Oeshon

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Oeshon for the latest tip. I was gonna book this place for January, but luckily I came across this thread first.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the massage girls.

:o

To be honest, even from the pics the place looks pretty ratty. It doesn't even look clean in the pictures.

I'm not sure what else you can get for 700, but I've stayed in quite nice hotels for 1250ish. They were usually on a soi about 5 minute walk to Sukhumvit. I don't mind the walk at all, but for those that do they had a complimentary tuktuk that would ferry people to Sukhumvit.

• 1 month later...

To be honest, even from the pics the place looks pretty ratty. It doesn't even look clean in the pictures.

I'm not sure what else you can get for 700, but I've stayed in quite nice hotels for 1250ish. They were usually on a soi about 5 minute walk to Sukhumvit. I don't mind the walk at all, but for those that do they had a complimentary tuktuk that would ferry people to Sukhumvit.

YES, i admit it...2 years later...the place is shitty. BUT, I still stay there if I have a early flight and ask for the same room. I told them last month if I came back I wouldn't pay more than 500 a night. They have upgraded a few rooms with new beds and new carpet. I still like the cheap dirty motel "feeling" i get when I stay there with a Thai hooker...LOL...if that makes sense. The massage people are very "nosey" but they have always been nice to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I stayed here for 4 nights in August 2010. Most of the things written here is true. I have read several good reviews about the place written a few years ago, but it seeems that the place went backwards during the last years. But the real thing about it is a budget place just in the middle of the action. If you want to spend more for girls than accomodation and like to hang out around beer garden, this can be a place for you.

one more thing to add: if you take some fancy girl from a high rank bar, this place might nor be the best to take her. In my trip I BF a very attractive-young looking girl in Baccara and she was really disappointed when we enter the room (even she was at the entrance of the accomodation). Dust and smell of the old carpets and furniture provoked her immune system as well. Well, you might say that this is a P4P, but I could have better time with her in a more fancier place.

• 2 weeks later...

If your looking for a good cheap clean hotel with pool amd within walking distance to the bars in Nana Plaza,The NANATAI MANSIONis the one, it at the far end of Soi 4 away from the noise,Girl friendly.

Its dated but clean and the food is good and reasonable,i was there in January and was paying 900 baht stayed there many times over the last 10 years and never had a problem.

There also have a free Tuk Tuk service to the other end of the Soi

TEL 02 2556602-9

FAX 02 2547724

[email protected]