Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Penthouse Hotel !

jeff22664

Just wondering if any other board members had stayed in the penthouse hotel (next to the playboy hotel < or vice-versa> ) have some interesting memories of my stay there to recount .......................

Stayed there in Nov 1999 for one night. 950 bt, that was expensive then. Could not wait for the morning to check out, dirty, cockroaches in the room and a water fountain outside my room kept me awake as I was alone on my first night. Went up the road next morning and checked into the Welcome Plaza at 600 bt a night, it was wonderful with a lovely swimming pool. We stayed there every time after that. The Penthouse was a dump.

If you are referring to the Penthouse hotel in Pattaya:

There are lots and lots of terrible reports about this place, and almost no good ones. Never stayed myself, but have seen countless reports of the place being dirty, old, and infested with various vermin. This has been the general consensus for several years now, by a lot of different people, so I don't doubt it.

If you have had a recent good experience with this place, please post a report. I think most mongers in-the-know steer clear of this place.

If your not asking about the Pattaya hotel by that name, then please disregard.

Edited by prak

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

I think there might be some confusion about the whereabouts of the hotel the OP is talking about.

This post is in a section for hotels in BANGKOK, and there is an hotel there (in the Sukhumvit area of the city)

People seem to be relating to their experiences of the one in Pattaya (which i dont think are connected in any way, tbh)

Maybe the OP can clarify which one he is asking about???

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I think there might be some confusion about the whereabouts of the hotel the OP is talking about.

This post is in a section for hotels in BANGKOK, and there is an hotel there (in the Sukhumvit area of the city)

People seem to be relating to their experiences of the one in Pattaya (which i dont think are connected in any way, tbh)

Hedonist

There may be some confusion but the one that always gets denigrated on the forums and by word of mouth is the one in Pattayaland by the Kitten Club.

There may be some confusion but the one that always gets denigrated on the forums and by word of mouth is the one in Pattayaland by the Kitten Club.

Thats all well and good, but, perhaps the OP isnt looking for info on that hotel

Theres plenty of threads about the one in Pattayalandsoi II, but it seems likely that the OP is seeking a review of a totally different hotel to the one people are replying to, and slagging it off.

Either that, or OP posted in wrong section

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Hedonist

Good point, I didn't see that this was a Bangkok question, and I didn't realize there was a hotel with the same name in Bangkok. I will amend my previous post to clarify.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Never stayed there and the last I heard from the Board is that it is being over run by ladyboys, and very dirty.

Penthouse is located on a sub soi of soi 3 or near the top end of soi 11 from sukhumvit. There are st rooms for 360 per 3hrs and all night prices vary depending on check in time (when needed I use penthouse after 9pm 560 thb until 12 noon). The rooms on the second floor are more discreet.

The rooms are windowless and mirrored walls, the beds are firm, ac,hot/cold bath with shower and tv. Food and drinks can be ordered and are reasonably priced. It is very similar to Playboy (PB) hotel on the same soi but imo it is cleaner as PB has cockeroaches and mozzies everywhere. although PB does have better room with windows, fridge etc upstairs 950thb a few months ago.

I think it is ok value for that area and for what you get, the worst st rooms in that locale must be Star Inn soi 7/1 usually the fave of Beergarten girls. (1hr 340thb) but tiny and minging, crap beds, crap shower, paperthin walls etc.

I hope this is useful

• 5 months later...

I keep reading about lots of cockroach problems there, other than that havent heard anything bad about it