Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How And Where To Extend Tourist Visa ?

fertilicious

Hi guys,

I am a citizen of Ukraine and a Gren Card holder in US. I am planning to visit Thailand,for the first time, in September.

As a citizenof Ukraine, i am allowed to stay on a tourist Visa only up to 15 days.Are there any ways to extend tis period to on or two more weeks? Where can i extend my Tourist Visa,if it's possible.

Also, do i need to show my round-trip ticket at the customs,or only one way is enough? Are there any problems that i should expect,while entering the customs in Thailand ?

Thank you for help.

Thanks a lot Mav.

Also,do I need to show a return ticket date,when i arrive to Thailand? I assume, I can open the tourist visa right at the airport, not neccessary to do it before I arrive to Thailand.

Sorry for annoying questions,but I want to feel secured and enjoy my staying in Thailand.

Edited by fertilicious

Are you sure you are talking about a tourist visa and not a visa EXEMPTION, or a visa on arrival????

What i mean by that is are you applying for (or did you apply for)any visa prior to leaving your home country, and had to send your passport and any documents needed, to get a visa stamped in your passport? You do this at a Thai consulate near you in your home country.

The reason i ask is both that it seems strange that you are only allowed the same 15 days on a tourist visa that you are allowed on the "lesser" exemption or VOA, and, more importantly is the fact that you asked if you had to show a return ticket when you arrive in Thailand.

If you havent got both a return ticket AND a visa issued in your home country, there is every chance you wont even get past CHECK-IN at the airport.

The airlines could well refuse to fly you out, due to the risk of Thai immigration refusing you entry, and the airline would then have to fly you back at their cost, if you just turn up at Immigration and expect them to stamp your passport, and let you through into the Kingdom

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Are you sure you are talking about a tourist visa and not a visa EXEMPTION, or a visa on arrival????

What i mean by that is are you applying for (or did you apply for)any visa prior to leaving your home country, and had to send your passport and any documents needed, to get a visa stamped in your passport? You do this at a Thai consulate near you in your home country.

The reason i ask is both that it seems strange that you are only allowed the same 15 days on a tourist visa that you are allowed on the "lesser" exemption or VOA, and, more importantly is the fact that you asked if you had to show a return ticket when you arrive in Thailand.

If you havent got both a return ticket AND a visa issued in your home country, there is every chance you wont even get past CHECK-IN at the airport.

The airlines could well refuse to fly you out, due to the risk of Thai immigration refusing you entry, and the airline would then have to fly you back at their cost, if you just turn up at Immigration and expect them to stamp your passport, and let you through into the Kingdom

Hedonist

Hi Hedo,

I was talking about the Exemption Visa for 15 days,which i would like somehow and somwhere to extend.I don't know where.

Hi Hedo,

I was talking about the Exemption Visa for 15 days,which i would like somehow and somwhere to extend.I don't know where.

To be honest with you, i think you are getting confused with what visa you can get on arrival in Thailand

As far as i know, The Ukraine ISNT on the list of countries whose citizens are eligable for the "visa exemption" program, but have to appy for a "visa on arrival" at their point of entry

There is a BIG difference between the 2. The main one being that of one (the visa exemption) being valid for upto 30 days, and the other, the "visa on arrival" being valid for only 15, and this is NOT extendable unless in the case of emergency........like an illness requiring a hospital stay, for instance.

I honestly believe you can ONLY get a visa on arrival at your point of entry into The Kingdom

There is a raft of rules to observe before you will be granted this visa.............such as a recent photo of yourself, attached to the application form, proof of being able to support yourself for the duration of your stay (only a few thousand Baht though) and it will cost you 1000 Baht for the visa

I have actually been past the desk they process these visas at Suvarnabhumi Airport, and i have to tell you it seemed a nightmare for all concerned.

If i were you i would look up the number of the Thai Consulate in your home country and see if you can obtain a "proper" tourist visa.

hedonist

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

To be honest with you, i think you are getting confused with what visa you can get on arrival in Thailand

As far as i know, The Ukraine ISNT on the list of countries whose citizens are eligable for the "visa exemption" program, but have to appy for a "visa on arrival" at their point of entry

There is a BIG difference between the 2. The main one being that of one (the visa exemption) being valid for upto 30 days, and the other, the "visa on arrival" being valid for only 15, and this is NOT extendable unless in the case of emergency........like an illness requiring a hospital stay, for instance.

I honestly believe you can ONLY get a visa on arrival at your point of entry into The Kingdom

There is a raft of rules to observe before you will be granted this visa.............such as a recent photo of yourself, attached to the application form, proof of being able to support yourself for the duration of your stay (only a few thousand Baht though) and it will cost you 1000 Baht for the visa

I have actually been past the desk they process these visas at Suvarnabhumi Airport, and i have to tell you it seemed a nightmare for all concerned.

If i were you i would look up the number of the Thai Consulate in your home country and see if you can obtain a "proper" tourist visa.

hedonist

Hey Hedo,

Thanks a lot buddy.

Today, I went to a Thai Consulate in New York and had droped off my documents (they had asked me only for my passport,Green Card,an application form and two photo copies.). I was surprised, they didn't ask me for an intinerary,proof of work and a bank statement, as for getting a Visa to Japan.

They told me to come back tomorrow. I've sked for 30 days Tourist Visa.

One more thing, they didn't ask me fo rany money for a Visa fee. They said it's free.

Hey Hedo,

Thanks a lot buddy.

Today, I went to a Thai Consulate in New York and had droped off my documents (they had asked me only for my passport,Green Card,an application form and two photo copies.). I was surprised, they didn't ask me for an intinerary,proof of work and a bank statement, as for getting a Visa to Japan.

They told me to come back tomorrow. I've sked for 30 days Tourist Visa.

One more thing, they didn't ask me fo rany money for a Visa fee. They said it's free.

Thats quite correct......they're free til March 2010, and can be extended i think

Great news though

Hedonist

Got my Tourist Visa today. I didn't expect,but they have opened my Visa for 60 days. I was asking only for 30 days.

Anyway,sawadee Thailand, or whatever they say.

• 1 year later...

As a UK citizen with a 3 entry toursist visa.. can I update my visa for 30 days in pattaya? Before I did it down in Samui..