IGNORED

Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Danjel

Hi Lads.

For my October return, I was thinking of taking 2 nights at this hotel, would love to try the high floors.

Has any of you tried this hotel?

How far is it from all the action?

Any feedback is appriciated.

Cheers

I spent one night there. It's not that conveniently situated for the nightlife actually, although it's not that far from NaNa Plaza distance wise there are one way systems that need to be navigated. I thought the rooms were nice, but not great. Can't beat the view while you're having breakfast though!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I stayed there less then two weeks ago in a Junior suite in sky zone and have no complaints whatsoever. The skybar on the 83rd floor is reasonable priced, great pool area, breakfast perhaps one of the best I've had!

I booked thru sawadee.com and paid only 3550 baht a night.

The shopping in the surrounding area is way better and cheaper than the touristtrap MBK and a taxi to the entertainment in Cowboy and Nana will run you another 50 baht.

I've plenty of pics that will be in that part of my TR in progress!

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

I would Reccomend against it . There is soemtimes a 5-10 minute wait to get in the fooking elevator! also there are loads on non-mongering tourists and bus tourist staying there . Also if traffic is bad it can tak up to an hour to get to nana,cowboy . it traffic is good it will take 15 min. Unless your dead set on having the view from your room there are much better options a lot closer to the "action"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we have tickets home to norway on the 1. of january. We are staying in Phuket, but we are thinking about going to Bangkok, because of the early flight home.

So, anybody spent their new years evening at this hotel? How is the room service?

The view must be fantastic at least :SteamingMad:

-cheers

I spent 4 or 5 nights there a few years ago. I thought it was great because I could look out my window and look down on every other building in the city. However, a few things:

Yes, traffic is bad in the area and there are too many one way streets. It seemed to take forever to get there in the taxi from the airport (unlike other hotels, this one you can see from almost everywhere and it is painfull to circle around trying to get closer).

There are 2 different light rail stops, each a 20 minute walk from the hotel because you can't walk straight there, even if the stations look closer on a map. Too bad one isn't closer.

When I was there they had advertising draped over the top floors of the building. It was a kind of mesh, so you could see through it, but not much luck taking pictures from your room with that stuff in front of the camera.

As far as I know, there is no action nearby and I suspect they are not girl friendly.

On the other hand, the rooms are huge, modern and comfortable. The buffet is amazing--it takes up 2 floors of the building (though sometimes only one floor open). I didn't have much wait for the elevator because I took the express to the upper floors. If you want to buy clothing, this hotel is in the middle of the garment district with more shops to buy clothes than there are bars in Pattaya. It was funny to see racks full of clothes with "Made in Mexico" labels.

Just a note on something unexpected--The lobby is on the 17th floor. I think most of the floors below are parking or maybe some shops. So you first have to take an elevator to the lobby (that one may have a wait) but getting up from the lobby isn't so bad.

Edited by philkrenshaw

thanks for the info :FunnyShit1: since it is such a short stay, the most important for us is the hight and the views, so if the rooms, service and the food is ok, then it should be perfect for our need :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple photos. One from near the hotel and the other from miles away, cruising down the river. At least it's tough to get lost, since it is so easy to see your hotel. In the river photo you can just barely make out the 2nd tallest buiding--the spire is sticking up under the left side of the green roof.

Baiyoke Sky from river.jpg

Baiyoke Sky Hotel.jpg

You might want to take a look at the Banyan Tree. Here's the hotel site: http://www.banyantree.com/en/bangkok/index.html Rack rates are high, but plenty of consolidators are offering discounts. Great view from the top (with an open-air bar) and the food is OK. Good transport: Patpong is closest, but you canb easily get from Sathorn to anywhere via taxi (it's one of the arterial city roads).

Banyan used to be girl-friendly but got some adverse publicity last month after an Australian navy officer's official computer was lifted by a visiting katoey.

Edit: sorry for the double entry - me stupid and can't erase one of them....

Edited by kansuwan