Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Please Help Me !

Jumbo

I know there are lots of Charities here in Pattaya, but is there one you know of that will help an old bedridden Farang?

I came across him recently. He has been here for 20yrs. His money has been milked by his girlfriend and the Hospitals.

So he has only his pension to sustain him.

He is too sick to go back to UK......Very sad.

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

Too sick to go back to the UK where his treatment would be for free?

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Whilst it is sad , I doubt you will get much sympathy for the guy. Living in a foreign country and not having a plan for your healthcare , especially when your getting on in age , is very unwise .

Doesnt he have any family back home ? I,m sure they could help with getting him back to the UK ?

Whilst it is sad , I doubt you will get much sympathy for the guy. Living in a foreign country and not having a plan for your healthcare , especially when your getting on in age , is very unwise .

Doesnt he have any family back home ? I,m sure they could help with getting him back to the UK ?

Poor guy cant travel! Maybe in an Air Ambulance but at what cost? His family are not well off and his Thai GF has nicked 25000 quid from his account somehow or other......

Henry Ford.

With the greatest of respect (genuinely), it sounds like a crock of shit to me.

Every now and then I come across farangs giving hard luck stories to try and get some cash off me.

The bottom line is, if someone from the UK (or any EU member state) is destitute and stranded outwith their own country, it is the British Embassy's responsibility to repatriate that person to home soil. Their first port of call is to try and raise funding from family members, but if that is not possible, the UK Government will foot the bill.

Too ill to travel, but can meet people and give them tales of woe??....hmmm. Sorry to be a cynic, but Im not buying it.

If you think he is genuine, you can pass this info on....

(From FCO website)..

Following the a steady increase in the number of British nationals needing consular assistance in the Pattaya area, we have opened a permanent office for our Honorary Consul, Barry Kenyon, to operate from. The Honorary Consulate is able to provide assistance to British nationals when things go wrong, such as following an arrest or being admitted to hospital.

Address:

Unit 3, 489/3 Moo 12

Jomtien Soi 5

Tambon Nong Prue

Amphur Banglamung

Chonburi 20160

Fax: +66 (0) 38 267 113

Email: [email protected]

Office hours:

Monday-Friday:

09:00-11:30 (local time)

02:00-04:30 (GMT

Some of us would rather die in Thailand than have to go back to the UK especially having lived here for 20 years.

Living is not about how long you can make it last but how you live your life every day, we are all going to die the same as billions before us. Some of us are fortunate to have lived a life before we die others can only envy.

For me the quality of my life has always been far more important than how long I can make it last that is and always will remain a mystery. I can't extend my life after I die I can however live it while I am still alive.

There are 2 irrefutable facts in your life one that you were conceived and born the other that you will die one you already know the other will remain a mystery for the time being.

Try this draw a line A___________________________________________________________B. A represents when you were born B represents when you will die now put a cross on the line where you think you are at this moment in time.

The line between the cross and B is how long you have left to live now what are you going to do live it or merely exist it could be a lot shorter than you think, at my age I am very close to B.

Al.

There was a case a few months ago where an Aussie bloke had a choice of staying in a Thai jail, of being sent back to Australia.

He chose the Thai jail and ended up dying there.

For some people the thought of reality in thier own country is just too much after years spent in LOS.

I hope that the guy in this case manages to get sorted some how.

Testicles

Changed my mind, dont wanna respond to this post now.

Edited by Mahogany St James

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Some of us would rather die in Thailand than have to go back to the UK especially having lived here for 20 years.

Unless I had family in Thailand, I would rather be repatriated to the UK, just to stitch them up with the bill.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

Unless I had family in Thailand, I would rather be repatriated to the UK, just to stitch them up with the bill.

Good for you Pal.

When this old Guy told Memorial Hospital he could not afford to pay such large sums they shipped him off to Chonburi Hospital but they refused to provide that place with any medical results acquired whilst he was in Intensive Care!

The bill for three days in Chonburi was 8000bht incidentally.

He is back home now and we still dont know what was wrong with him?

Hopefully he will be able to go to a nice Old Folks Home weve found in BKK.

Edited by Jumbo

Henry Ford.

Sorry to say that the LOS is not interested in you when your money has gone, And why should the Uk pay for him m he made his choice to live In Thailand , good luck for him,

Thank goodness we have managed to get him into The Golden Years Hospital/Old Folks Home in BKK.

It looks really nice and there are loads of Doctors and Nurses to look after him.

Thanks to all who expressed sympathy for his plight and a big Raspberry to the git who was not......

One day I hope HE is in a pickle and nobody helps him. Yeah!

Henry Ford.