IGNORED

Eva V.S Thai Air, Which Is Best In Economy?

Bigbaldydude

I'm going to book my return to LOS tomorrow and have been doing some checking on direct flights from Heathrow on eBookers and Travel Supermarket.

It looks like both Eva Air and Thai Air are the cheapest economy tickets, so wanted to know if anybody can give me an idea if either of these are decent flights, i.e leg room, entertainment etc..

I normally fly via Dubai with Emirates but want to go direct this time.

cheers and see you guys over there soon

I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple of cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I've become kind of famous for my signature catchphrase, "Whammy!" As in, "Gene Tenace at the plate...and whammy!" Whammy!

Both very good! Thai good service but Eva have better in flight entertainment in my opinion. You can't go wrong with either. Have a good trip...

i've flown both. eva once from heathrow to bkk very long time ago. thai several times from dubai 2 bkk. i have to agree with spoony both are very good but no much to emirates. given the choice of 2, i would choose the one with better timing i.e. departure/arrival times.

Eva has individual tv screens on their 777s.

Thai has the same on their A340-600 fleet,

but not on their 747s, which are currently

being used out of Heathrow.

Before u book check out westeasttravel.com

i have found them to be the cheapest for direct flight with thai and eva.

thai airways has slightly bigger leg room than eva but no

in flight personal entertainment system in the head rest in front of u.

but at the end of the day it just comes down to what ever the cheapest direct flight i can get!!

and i will be flying with eva on 1st september for £475,

and with thai on 31st december for £575.

Flew eva for the first time in march this year and have just booked a flight with them in november. I have flown a fair bit and was very impressed with them for a reasonable price but with superb in flight entertainment. if its a direct non stop flight you require from heathrow to bancock then i think they offer the best option if you require in flight entertainment to get you through. Its 12 hours at the end of the day. Book with confidence.

I'm going to book my return to LOS tomorrow and have been doing some checking on direct flights from Heathrow on eBookers and Travel Supermarket.

It looks like both Eva Air and Thai Air are the cheapest economy tickets, so wanted to know if anybody can give me an idea if either of these are decent flights, i.e leg room, entertainment etc..

I normally fly via Dubai with Emirates but want to go direct this time.

cheers and see you guys over there soon

They have the same seat in Economy mate.

Both good but Thai has 2 flights per day not one & you can collect miles on Star Alliance & that will give you rewards.

That said Thai has no seat screens to watch movies.

Consider China Air via Amsterdam for seat, value & flight times.

EVA Air has been my choice since 2003 and I have flown both airlines previously.

Excellent equipment, and food is decent in economy with breakfast the weaker of

the 2 meals. IFE top notch on EVA. I am rarely bored when I am awake. Seats in

economy comfortable enough for me to routinely get 6-7 hours sleep on the LAX-

BKK leg. Flight attendants do a good job, too.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

I knew it would be worth asking you guys.

Thanks for all your info and i'll check out both westeasttravel and netflights before booking anything.

I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple of cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I've become kind of famous for my signature catchphrase, "Whammy!" As in, "Gene Tenace at the plate...and whammy!" Whammy!

Just an update in case anybody is planning the same kind of trip.

I checked Westeast, Netflights, eBookers, Travel Supermarket and Travelocity for 1 way flights from Heathrow to Bangkok.

Eva is slightly cheaper on all, so going to go with them via either Netflights or ebookers as they offer the same price of £346. Westeast are waaaay more expensive at £491.

Westeast

Eva £491

Thai £746

Netflights

Eva £346

Thai £376

eBookers

Eva £346

Thai £386

TravelSupermarket

Eva n/a

Thai £370

Travelocity

Eva n/a

Thai £365

Both flights leave within 5 minutes of each other and arrive at the same time, so going with price and extra entertainment with Eva as it's a long flight.

Thanks again guys

• 3 weeks later...

I checked Westeast, Netflights, eBookers, Travel Supermarket and Travelocity for 1 way flights from Heathrow to Bangkok.

Eva is slightly cheaper on all, so going to go with them via either Netflights or ebookers as they offer the same price of £346. Westeast are waaaay more expensive at £491.

I'm just checking out fares in November and it's the same story. WestEast are quoting £598 with EVA whereas you can get the same flights at £444 / £463 / £456 respectively at 3 other sites I've looked at. WestEast have lost the plot!!!

Westeast

Eva £491

Thai £746

Netflights

Eva £346

Thai £376

eBookers

Eva £346

Thai £386

TravelSupermarket

Eva n/a

Thai £370

Travelocity

Eva n/a

Thai £365

Both flights leave within 5 minutes of each other and arrive at the same time, so going with price and extra entertainment with Eva as it's a long flight.

Thanks again guys

BBD

How long are these tickets valid? Normally if you go for 2 or 3 months the prices are much dearer.

Been on both THAI and EVA.

Thai Airways planes,are very much 1980's style.

Old seats, no in flight entertainment - except one main tv screen.

EVA is the opposite!!

The new fleet,has better comfortable seats, personal tv screen.

I would recommend EVA

Edited by weaver93

Been on both THAI and EVA.

Thai Airways planes,are very much 1980's style.

Old seats, no in flight entertainment - except one main tv screen.

EVA is the opposite!!

The new fleet,has better comfortable seats, personal tv screen.

I would recommend EVA

Thanks for this - I'm planing my first trip in Nov , this info is invaluable.

12 hours direct , 15 hours with a connection is too long to spend in a 1980's style plane.

Eva is by far the best!! £969 business class for November out of westeast travel!

I am in thailand and need to fly home for a couple of weeks in November Cheapest flight leaving Thailand is 28500 baht with Qatar but Leaving London is £360 !! WTF rip off thailand again....

Eva is by far the best!! £969 business class for November out of westeast travel!

I am in thailand and need to fly home for a couple of weeks in November Cheapest flight leaving Thailand is 28500 baht with Qatar but Leaving London is £360 !! WTF rip off thailand again....

Cant find a business class seat for that , what dates have you used?